Look at the remaining schedule, whats your analysis? (1 Viewer)

Agree with all of this.

We are getting Breaux back, and he has the power alone to slow teams down on the pass. I am pumped about Rankins, but he is a rookie, and as such, I am counting on him, but not to come in and be Warren Sapp. That said, he will greatly improve our defensive line problems off of his talent.

The games we lost we lost on a handful of plays (minus the 'Clowns game). We could just as easily be sitting at 3-1 as we are at 1-3. This team still excites me, and while I started the season out expected 8-8 at best, I see potential for great leaps over the last few months of the season.

re: Rankins

I don't expect him to come in here and be Warren Sapp immediately either, but just his addition back to the line will give Fairley some rest in the rotation, increase the pass rush in obvious passing downs by lining he and Fairley up together inside, and take double teams off of Jordan. This is all based off what we saw from him in the preseason. "But it's the preseason!!!" Exactly. Vanilla game plans where he showed that he's more than capable of winning one on one match ups and penetrating the pocket.

our remaining schedule

has a bunch of garbage teams on it.

i don't think we're very good, but i don't think we're going 3-13 either. murderers row it ain't.

What have you seen from those teams to make you think they can beat us? Especially now that we appear to be getting Healthier.

They all play good defense. We can't stop anyone therefore to win a game we would have to out score them. Most of the teams I listed are not giving up 30+ points but we can't hold them to <30

Getting healthy? Hill, Kelemate (sp?), and JL are not difference makers. The players we need back aren't practicing ( Breaux, Rankins, Armstead)!so we have no idea how much longer they will be out.

Have you actually watched any of those teams play? Denver is the only beast that you listed and the Falcons just beat them bad. Our offense is just as potent as theirs and we should have some injured starters back on defense by the time we play Denver. KC is far from dominant, Carolina lost to Tampa (Cam being out is not an excuse. He's looked awful all year), LA has a defense and an offense that capitalizes on the short fields their defense gives them - and we're due when it comes to beating the Rams.

You're really selling this Saints team short. We're a couple calls and plays away from being 3-1 instead of 1-3 right now and that's mainly due to injuries.

I wish I shared your optimistic view but just like in reference to Armstead's injury you are overly optimistic. You see a team that's a couple of calls and plays away from being 3-1. I see a team that's injuried, struggling on defense (again) and void of talent in key positions.

We were well on our way to 0-4 before the Chargers gift wrapped the game. Yes our offenses took advantage of the opportunities but I saw nothing for 3 quarters that makes we think we can beat quality teams week in week out.

It's definitely not. Panthers and Broncos are night and day from last year. Except for that Denver front 7.

They all play good defense. We can't stop anyone therefore to win a game we would have to out score them. Most of the teams I listed are not giving up 30+ points but we can't hold them to <30

Getting healthy? Hill, Kelemate (sp?), and JL are not difference makers. The players we need back aren't practicing ( Breaux, Rankins, Armstead)!so we have no idea how much longer they will be out.

They all play good defense? You're serious? Leta go through this.

The first team on that list have up 300 yards to Julio Jones.
The second got 43 dropped on them.
The Falcons haven't been able to stop anybody.
Denver is showing major kinks in the armor on O but their D is still solid.
Rams offense is just flat out awful. Very good D.
Lions have given up 34 and 35 points in games.
Bucs have given up 40, 37, and 27. Cardinals aren't the same team, they've given up 33.

The good defenses are the Rams (Awful offense), the Seahawks (who look good on both sides), and the Broncos (who don't look sharp on offense).

Kelemete is our best back up OL. Hill is our backup TE who opens up the versatility of the offense. If you read the article by Underhill you'll learn that we pretty much used the TE at the lowest percentage in the league. SP loves 2 and 3 TE sets. Hill gets us back to some of that. JL hasn't played that well I agree but his ability to get the D lined up shouldn't be understated(See Rob Ryan defense). We are virtually a bad call on Robertson and Moore away from 3-1. We stopped them when it mattered and those teams were bailed out.

We are every bit as good as all of those teams and better than a good amount of them. I understand you're down on the team right now but don't slander them with inaccurate statements to prove your point.

What did people see durning the SD game to predict beating teams like KC, CAR, Den, and LA, etc? I have seen nothing to led me to believe we will beat many NFL teams. I hope I'm wrong but that is what I see on the field.

Carolina L
@Chiefs L
Seahawks L
@49ers W
Broncos L
@ Carolina L
Rams L
Lions L
@Bucs W
@Cards L
Bucs L
@Falcons L

They all play good defense? You're serious? Leta go through this.

The first team on that list have up 300 yards to Julio Jones.
The second got 43 dropped on them.
The Falcons haven't been able to stop anybody.
Denver is showing major kinks in the armor on O but their D is still solid.
Rams offense is just flat out awful. Very good D.
Lions have given up 34 and 35 points in games.
Bucs have given up 40, 37, and 27. Cardinals aren't the same team, they've given up 33.

The good defenses are the Rams (Awful offense), the Seahawks (who look good on both sides), and the Broncos (who don't look sharp on offense).

Kelemete is our best back up OL. Hill is our backup TE who opens up the versatility of the offense. If you read the article by Underhill you'll learn that we pretty much used the TE at the lowest percentage in the league. SP loves 2 and 3 TE sets. Hill gets us back to some of that. JL hasn't played that well I agree but his ability to get the D lined up shouldn't be understated(See Rob Ryan defense). We are virtually a bad call on Robertson and Moore away from 3-1. We stopped them when it mattered and those teams were bailed out.

We are every bit as good as all of those teams and better than a good amount of them. I understand you're down on the team right now but don't slander them with inaccurate statements to prove your point.

First off some of the teams you referenced I did not include in my statement. I never said Atlanta or Tampa had good defenses. Secondly, I'm not slandering anything. You are pointing to one game or instance trying to tell the whole story. "Carolina gave up 300 to Julio" and...Carolina is 12th in total defense. "KC gave up 43"...and yet they give up 23 points per game for the year. "Arziona gave up 33"...8th in total defense, giving up 20 per game. Your debate is much too narrow, you have to expand your scope.

The Saints really haven't played a complete game yet. Prior to the season I thought they would be a 6-10 team and nothing has changed over the first five weeks of the season for me to change that. I think they will win the games in BOLD.

Carolina
@Chiefs
Seahawks
@49ers
Broncos
@ Carolina
Rams
Lions
@Bucs

@Cards
Bucs
@Falcons

First off some of the teams you referenced I did not include in my statement. I never said Atlanta or Tampa had good defenses. Secondly, I'm not slandering anything. You are pointing to one game or instance trying to tell the whole story. "Carolina gave up 300 to Julio" and...Carolina is 12th in total defense. "KC gave up 43"...and yet they give up 23 points per game for the year. "Arziona gave up 33"...8th in total defense, giving up 20 per game. Your debate is much too narrow, you have to expand your scope.

I asked you what you saw in those teams to make you think they could beat us and thus lead us to a 3-13 record and the first thing you said was that "they all have good defenses". I was speaking in reference to every team you said would defeat us but its not clear that you were not. Lets get on the same page then.

I am not trying to say that these are bad defensive teams but I am trying to point out that these teams can be had by good offensive teams. We are a good offensive team who can identify a weakness.

The defense is pulling themselves together and I can see Dennis Allen making adjustments to stop the bleeding. You say we can't stop anything but that is just not true. Chargers game as the latest evidence allowing 10 second half points after making great adjustments. The Giants game where the D played incredible. Raiders game before we lost Breaux and the D became unhinged in the 4th. There are flashes of greatness and plenty of stops along the way. We just need health.

I'm all for optimism but I mean we barely accidentally backed into a win against San Diego. We need to play some complimentary football for once if we're gonna stand a chance

Like I said, we are finishing the season 13-0 and I can't be told I'm wrong till maybe after the Chargers game. Well now it's maybe until after the Panthers game. Here's to one game at a time and to keep it going! Beat the Panthers!

I wish I shared your optimistic view but just like in reference to Armstead's injury you are overly optimistic. You see a team that's a couple of calls and plays away from being 3-1. I see a team that's injuried, struggling on defense (again) and void of talent in key positions.

We were well on our way to 0-4 before the Chargers gift wrapped the game. Yes our offenses took advantage of the opportunities but I saw nothing for 3 quarters that makes we think we can beat quality teams week in week out.

You could also say we were well on our way to 3-1 but the refs called completely unnecessary flags on 4th and forever in both the raiders and giant's game.

Watch the other games going on, every team in the NFL outside the pats, vikings and maybe the eagles are downright awful this year. Even the falcons have a terrible defense.

Things are going to change dramatically in the next 12 games.

If we put together a solid outing this weekend against the panthers we may see a run out of this team. When the Saints get a streak going, they get dangerous.

and having Breaux and Rankins back will make a HUGE difference.

Like I said, we are finishing the season 13-0 and I can't be told I'm wrong till maybe after the Chargers game. Well now it's maybe until after the Panthers game. Here's to one game at a time and to keep it going! Beat the Panthers!

LOL nice.

Do you remember Charles Grant's statement in 2007? We started 0-4 and he said something about how he thought we were a 12-win team. Then we spent the next month winning multiple games to get to 4-4, and I think many people (myself included) thought we had a solid chance of running the table and going 12-4. A little optimism never hurt anybody, right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom