Look at the remaining schedule, whats your analysis? (1 Viewer)

My analysis is until we reach .500 I'm not gonna toy with myself by analyzing.

What did people see durning the SD game to predict beating teams like KC, CAR, Den, and LA, etc? I have seen nothing to led me to believe we will beat many NFL teams. I hope I'm wrong but that is what I see on the field.

Carolina L
@Chiefs L
Seahawks L
@49ers W
Broncos L
@ Carolina L
Rams L
Lions L
@Bucs W
@Cards L
Bucs L
@Falcons L

What have you seen from those teams to make you think they can beat us? Especially now that we appear to be getting Healthier.

There is honestly 0 games on our schedule that I am looking at that I can say will be a win. There's a lot we should win but that hasn't worked out very well for us thus far. Getting some key players back from injury in time for a late push may allow us to sneak into the playoffs, but we will see. I think we could finish 5-11 just as easily as 9-7.

Agreed. This is how I see it as well d3vanj because we could finish 5-11 just as easily as 9-7.

To continue...I hate to say it....I know we have Drew, but Drew is not enough. Yes, we have players coming back, but we only know what Breaux can do, not Rankins (and I don't believe media-hype). I do think Rankins will be good, but this year may be a learning season for him (he will be at least 6 games behind in development).

In the end, many on here (as well as myself) feels like this may be a rebuilding season. Doesn't it get old seeing us claw our way back to a 3-3 record then.....lose 3.....win 2.....lose 2.....win 1.....lose 1.....win 1.....while missing the playoffs once again.

So, if we going to rebuild , a better draft pick would help us more than going 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 with a middle of the road draft pick....

Now, if the Saints do better than any of those records mention above, I'll gladly eat my crow, and admit I was wrong because I would love to see us make the playoffs, but I don't see it this year realistically speaking.

A winning streak towards end of year that will inevitably ruin the chances of having a top ten draft pick and two games short of a wildcard. 7-9 and second in the south.

I tell ya, I just think that they will need to win more games than they lose going forward to have a successful season.

QampA-John-Madden-surprised-by-rookie-successes-LTJLVUR-x-large.jpg

This post probably deserves more green thumbs than it it getting. :spit:

I think we have a legitimate 50-50 shot of winning each game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we will go about .500 the rest of the way. 7-9... again.

Best case is 8-8 maybe 9-7 if the injury thing turns completely around.

Worst case is 6 wins cause I think we're sure to win 5 of those.

We won't get a top draft pick but we will have some moral victories to build off for next year.

What did people see durning the SD game to predict beating teams like KC, CAR, Den, and LA, etc? I have seen nothing to led me to believe we will beat many NFL teams. I hope I'm wrong but that is what I see on the field.

Have you actually watched any of those teams play? Denver is the only beast that you listed and the Falcons just beat them bad. Our offense is just as potent as theirs and we should have some injured starters back on defense by the time we play Denver. KC is far from dominant, Carolina lost to Tampa (Cam being out is not an excuse. He's looked awful all year), LA has a defense and an offense that capitalizes on the short fields their defense gives them - and we're due when it comes to beating the Rams.

You're really selling this Saints team short. We're a couple calls and plays away from being 3-1 instead of 1-3 right now and that's mainly due to injuries.

This ridiculous fascination with getting a top five draft pick when we've only played 4 games and can be sitting at 2nd in the division with a win Sunday is depressing.

Carolina is a bad team this year. Cam has been off all year. Their defense has a worse secondary than ours, but theirs is by design, ours is by injury. Beating Carolina in the Dome on Sunday is just what this young team needs to start a trend in the W column.

The remaining schedule looks tough, and that leads me to believe one thing:

The 2017 New Orleans Saints are going to be "battle tested."

The 2016 version are going to be young, injured, and battling uphill all year.

Getting Breaux and Rankins back will be a catalyst. That's ~ 1 less opposing TD per game, perhaps +1 T/O per game. With our luck in the first quarter of the season, I feel like we can put some W's in the column. My mind says 8-8, but my heart says 10-6.

Have you actually watched any of those teams play? Denver is the only beast that you listed and the Falcons just beat them bad. Our offense is just as potent as theirs and we should have some injured starters back on defense by the time we play Denver. KC is far from dominant, Carolina lost to Tampa (Cam being out is not an excuse. He's looked awful all year), LA has a defense and an offense that capitalizes on the short fields their defense gives them - and we're due when it comes to beating the Rams.

You're really selling this Saints team short. We're a couple calls and plays away from being 3-1 instead of 1-3 right now and that's mainly due to injuries.

Agree with all of this.

We are getting Breaux back, and he has the power alone to slow teams down on the pass. I am pumped about Rankins, but he is a rookie, and as such, I am counting on him, but not to come in and be Warren Sapp. That said, he will greatly improve our defensive line problems off of his talent.

The games we lost we lost on a handful of plays (minus the 'Clowns game). We could just as easily be sitting at 3-1 as we are at 1-3. This team still excites me, and while I started the season out expected 8-8 at best, I see potential for great leaps over the last few months of the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom