Look for Kenny V to make some noise tomorrow (1 Viewer)

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Vaccaro often played in the box last season, the same as he did two seasons ago as a rookie, but the team should use more three-safety sets this season, which should free Vaccaro up to do more. The Saints want him to use his instincts to make plays and not be beholden to what the playbook dictates. For instance, if the play calls for him to cover a specific gap but he sees it going somewhere else, Glenn has told him to shake free from his assignment and make the play.

Watch the blitz: Kenny Vaccaro gives the Saints pressure-packed flexibility on defense | Saints | theadvocate.com

Vaccaro is the guy I want the Saints to address contractually after the Brees extension. He's a major part of the solution to our defensive woes in my opinion. I bought my jersey for the year and had a hard time deciding between Breaux and Kenny. im happy with my new Breaux, but if we can get KV done I know which jersey to get next year!!

He hasn't looked like the guy I saw in his rookie year since he broke his leg.

Hope this is the year he finally returns to that guy. He's had flashes though. And he was one of the defensive players I thought was playing at a high level this preseason.

I like how D Allen is letting KV freelance much similar to how Dick Lebeau used Troy Polamalu. He will excel in the box I have no doubt. Let him blindside Cam if he sees fit I won't complain :)

I am not worried about him in the run game or pressuring the q,b but just like Roman Harper , I am very worried about them against the pass

"Look for Kenny V to make some noise tomorrow"
We have an actual regular season game tomorrow, not a training camp practice, so I won't be holding my breath for any big plays out of KV. Now if it was a practice you could be certain KV is bringing the extra intensity , hustle , and big hits he seems to be known for...

"Look for Kenny V to make some noise tomorrow"
We have an actual regular season game tomorrow, not a training camp practice, so I won't be holding my breath for any big plays out of KV. Now if it was a practice you could be certain KV is bringing the extra intensity , hustle , and big hits he seems to be known for...

He's still from the old UT Austin program, the highest paid players in NCAA. This is a contract year. He will play to the best of his ability with attitude. But resign him - NO WAYYYYYYYYY. He will under-perform as soon as the ink is dry.

That said, I think the new coach, Charlie Strong, is changing that attitude at UT. I am all behind Strong. It hurts me deeply, but I am starting to care about UT again. Where's a curling iron :hihi:

The fans are pretty lame compared to real fans at Tiger Stadium or other SEC schools.

But it's opening day and I hope Kenny plays the best game of his career - Who Dat!

Good call EJW. KV gave us a glimpse of what he intends to do in the first padded practices. He then backed off in the 4 preseason games. I'm 100% sure he's going to bring it today.

I agree EJW. Vaccaro's athletic abilities is off the chart. We must free him up to roam the field and disrupt our opponents game plan. He can be a major difference maker for our young defense.

KV is going to be the defensive MVP of the Saints and in the conversation for DPOY! 89 Tackles, 5 INT, 4 FF, 2 TD, 5 1/2 Sacks. All pro!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom