Look this team is tired we need to let them rest a bit (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I do not think that the Hornets are sucking and playing horrible ball on purpose. 2-3 months ago, they won games like this easily, today their slacking off, not hustling for the ball as hard, and missing our assignments in crucial moments. Thats suggests to me that this team is running on fumes and is low on stamina. Their an over-achieving team that maybe got pushed to the breaking point by a run to the playoffs. I seriously wonder if we should just say the hell with being the #1 seed and best in the West position, let our starters rest and have some opportunity to gather some steam back. Their worn out to the inth degree, this loss proves it tonight. If we want to make a long playoff push, we have to play it smart and know that we have done as much as we are going to do this regular season.
Mora was notorious for this, and in 1987 and in 1990 he paid for it with a tired team and worn out players. He should have let them rest and It would be a shame if Byron Scott followed the same pattern Mora did with the Saints.

Byron Scott, its time to do maybe an unpopular decision but its the right one ultimetly. Rest your starters and for God's sake prepare them for the playoffs.. 55 wins is a damn good season anyway, your team have nothing left to prove.

do it now or regret it later on in the post season

Ha, I literally just posted the same thing on the other thread. Like I said on the other thread, the team will get somewhat of a reprieve this week with only 2 games. 2 days before our next game, then another 3 days after our final regular season game before the playoffs. They should be able to recharge, get healthy, clear their heads, and get ready for the playoffs. I'm not ready to hit the panic button just yet.

I disagree. I think they fully intend to lose.

I don't think so, but if they're doing it to grab a 2/3 seed, can't say I blame them. The road the the championship looks much easier when it doesn't go through Utah for us. Really the only downside for us would be losing HCA, but we're just as good on the road as we are at home, so we should be ok. Now, disregard that if what you said was dripping with sarcasm.:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom