Looking at our 2019 schedule.... (1 Viewer)

Figures we get the AFC south when they aren’t the laughing stock of the League anymore. Still much more favorable schedule than this season.

That schedule reeeaaaalllyyy sets up the possibility to be 8-0 at home. Play reasonably well on the road and you have another great shot at 12-4 or better!

Possible Jaguars game in London?

Very possible considering the Jaguars’ home schedule next year...

Texans
Titans
Colts
Chiefs
Chargers
Saints
Buccaneers
AFC East team

The AFC East team is likely going to be the Jets since the Jaguars are locked into 4th place in the AFC South and the Jets are currently last in the AFC East but they may surpass the Bills for 3rd.

But out of those home games, I don’t see them picking a divisional game. The games against the Chiefs and Chargers are both attractive from a TV perspective, but I still think they’re going to lean to the intraconference games. Both of our London games were against AFC opponents (Chargers in 2008, Dolphins in 2017). Hopefully they pick the Buccaneers.

been going to at least one saints away game for 8 years now----gotta see every city eventually. seattle i'm thinkin---unless i'm broke and then off to nashville

Fun, isn't it? I'm past the one third mark on my journey, and already have my eye on next year's road games to see the Saints.

Fun, isn't it? I'm past the one third mark on my journey, and already have my eye on next year's road games to see the Saints.
So far —
Saints @
SBXLIV in Miami 2010
NE-1992
GB-2011
ATL-2013
DAL-2010, 2014, 2018
SEA-2013
CLE-2014
PIT-2014
IND-2015
HOU-2015
SD-2016
TB-2016
MINN-2018
NYG-2018

Plan—-
2019 Jacksonville and Tennessee
2020- Denver and Las Vegas

Love supporting our team on the road. My goal is to see them play at every team’s stadium.

Will Seattle ever come to New Orleans?

They came in 2016. In 2017 and 2018 we only had to play one NFC West team each year; 2017 was a road game to Los Angeles since we both finished 3rd in our divisions in 2016 and in 2018 they came here after we both won our divisions last year.

The next time they’re guaranteed to come here is 2022 but they may have to come here in 2020, 2024, and 2026 depending on where both teams finish the year prior.

I am at 26 games outside the Superdome (11-15 record for me) in 19 different stadiums. Some I need to revisit since teams have moved. (Chargers in Qualcomm and Giants in old Meadowlands.) Also counting stadiums like Wembley and Tiger Stadium (Curse you 2005)

Next year, I am aiming for Rams while they are still in the L.A. Coliseum (unless we end up having to go there in January.)

Same place finisher game rotations are a bit goofy since it’s split between 3 divisions (the entire division we’re playing and the two teams from the other two divisions). The rotation goes: North-North-East-West-East-West, for both the home and away game.

For the away game, that rotation just started over (the @ Vikings game this year) which is why we’ll likely be going to Chicago next year.

For the home game, next year will be the second East game of that “East-West-East-West” rotation. 2017 was the first East game (vs. Redskins), 2018 was the first West game (vs. Rams). Next year is the second East game (likely vs. Cowboys).

Man, I’ve looked for this before and couldn’t find it. Thanks.

Watch Chicago or Rams be a TNF road games...

I would be ok if we open the season at home on Thursday night (after winning the Super Bowl) against the Cowboys and then the following Thursday we travel to Chicago. That would give us a long stretch before game #3, hopefully at home. And get the Chicago game out of the way when the weather is warm.

They (Seattle) played here in 2016 and we won.

Man, I’ve looked for this before and couldn’t find it. Thanks.

It’s all good. I had made another post earlier this year where I had the rotation typed out for the NFC division we were scheduled to play every year since the re-alignment in 2002 through 2021 and home/away same place finisher opponents if anyone is interested, I’ll quote it below.

Honestly, I haven't seen it written anywhere but the way I understand it, the home/away designation for those two "same place finisher" games is on a six year rotation (due to there only being 3 other divisions in your conference, excluding your own). The rotation for the NFC South goes: North-North-East-West-East-West, before starting over (I put that "North-North" part first since it's the easiest to remember). The schedule format this way has made 2 full rotations since the division re-alignment in 2002 and will complete its 3rd in 2019.

First, I listed what division we are (were) scheduled to play each year, then listed those same place finisher games, home and away.

2002: NFC North, vs. West (49ers), @ East (Redskins)
2003: NFC East, vs. North (Bears), @ West (Seahawks)
2004: NFC West, vs. North (Vikings), @ East (Cowboys)
2005: NFC North, vs. East (Giants), @ West (Rams)
2006: NFC East, vs. West (49ers), @ North (Packers)
2007: NFC West, vs. East (Eagles), @ North (Bears)
2008: NFC North, vs. West (49ers), @ East (Redskins)
2009: NFC East, vs. North (Lions), @ West (Rams)
2010: NFC West, vs. North (Vikings), @ East (Cowboys)
2011: NFC North, vs. East (Giants), @ West (Rams)
2012: NFC East, vs. West (49ers), @ North (Packers)
2013: NFC West, vs. East (Cowboys), @ North (Bears)
2014: NFC North, vs. West (49ers), @ East (Cowboys)
2015: NFC East, vs. North (Lions), @ West (Cardinals)
2016: NFC West, vs. North (Lions), @ East (Giants)
2017: NFC North, vs. East (Redskins), @ West (Rams)
2018: NFC East, vs. West (Rams), @ North (Vikings)
2019: NFC West, vs. East (?), @ North (?)
2020: NFC North, vs. West (?), @ East (?)
2021: NFC East, vs. North (?), @ West (?)

When you can see the entire schedule for multiple years laid out like this, it's much easier to see the rotation for both home and away. North-North-East-West-East-West, North-North-East-West-East-West.

Hope this makes sense. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom