Looking at the rest of the schedule (1 Viewer)

RazorSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I realize that the Saints look pretty bad thus far, and there will need to be MUCH improvement to be in the playoff hunt after Halloween, much less Thanksgiving, but the schedule doesn't look as it did a month ago. What looked like a "murderer's row" starting after next week's bye isn't quite so daunting as it appeared in the offseason.

The Panthers sit at 1-3 and it's not a fluke. They don't look good, and Cam's availability could be in question for the game in 2 weeks.

The Chiefs sit at 2-2 and are coming off of a dismantling. Their week 1 win against the Chargers resembled ours, and they found a way to look unimpressive despite intercepting Fitzpatrick 6 times in their other win.

Hawks looked good against the Niners and Jets, but Wilson is hobbled, and has looked bad at times this season.

Niners are bad. Not much else to be said.

Broncos look tough. That could get ugly, but at least we get them at home.

Then Panthers again.

Of course, I'm not foolish enough to think that each of those teams' fans aren't penciling in the Saints game as a chance for their team to get back on track. I just looked at the schedule and was surprised at how manageable it appears. Of course, losing 3 of 4 to open the season has given the Saints very little room for error. Hopefully they can keep the ship afloat until Breaux and Rankins return (and Ellerbe...j/k).

I loved the comeback win in San Diego...but we got some lucky breaks to even win that game

I'm still not seeing us turning things around. I really hope I'm wrong, but statistically speaking, we aren't going to be favored in very many games after the bye

We could win all those games. Denver game looks to be the most difficult bit Siemian just got hurt so we don't know what his availability will be in the coming weeks. Hawks are as tough as ever but if you can nullify the outside pressure they can be had.

The Chargers hurt themselves really bad in that game but we took it from them. We took advantage of their miscues and wouldn't be denied. We got touchdowns not field goals. That means something.

I think the first Panthers game is in the Dome. The Thursday Night game is the road game with the Panthers.

I have a hard time looking ahead and seeing any semblance of sense with this schedule. We certainly can get better as we get healthier, but we have some big, tough games against some real contenders on the horizon. I hope we can make it interesting but I think we'll know more about our team coming out of the bye.

I think the first Panthers game is in the Dome. The Thursday Night game is the road game with the Panthers.

I have a hard time looking ahead and seeing any semblance of sense with this schedule. We certainly can get better as we get healthier, but we have some big, tough games against some real contenders on the horizon. I hope we can make it interesting but I think we'll know more about our team coming out of the bye.

Good call, I was mistaken on the Panthers games.

I loved the comeback win in San Diego...but we got some lucky breaks to even win that game

I'm still not seeing us turning things around. I really hope I'm wrong, but statistically speaking, we aren't going to be favored in very many games after the bye

All true. But,the NFL is a game of adversities. Everybody wins some they should have lost & loses some they should have won. We should have beaten the Raiders & Giants & should have lost to the Chargers. Just play hard every down,keep your mistakes to a minimum,capitalize on your opponents mistakes,& see where you're at the end of the game.

All true. But,the NFL is a game of adversities. Everybody wins some they should have lost & loses some they should have won. We should have beaten the Raiders & Giants & should have lost to the Chargers. Just play hard every down,keep your mistakes to a minimum,capitalize on your opponents mistakes,& see where you're at the end of the game.

Agree..Well said

It doesn't matter who makes mistakes. What matters way more is, when the opposing team does make a mistake, do you capitalize on it. Both teams made mistakes yesterday. We took advantage of the chargers mistakes when it mattered.

Just because Carolina coughed up they ball in the SB doesn't mean Denver didn't earn the win.

The way the defense has been playing we're going to need that juice Jordan had in spacejam to make a serious run

It doesn't matter who makes mistakes. What matters way more is, when the opposing team does make a mistake, do you capitalize on it. Both teams made mistakes yesterday. We took advantage of the chargers mistakes when it mattered.

Just because Carolina coughed up they ball in the SB doesn't mean Denver didn't earn the win.

Well that all goes without saying but..I didn't say we didn't deserve to win? Not exactly sure how you interpreted that from what I posted.

I said we were lucky to win based on the mistakes we made and how we were so behind late in the game. It's my opinion that while that may work against teams like the Chargers, it won't against the Panthers, Seahawks or Broncos.

Hey, sometimes, that's all it takes.

In 2009, we won the first 13 and lost the last 3 before hitting the playoffs and winning the big one.

This year, they will do it again but decided to change it up a little by losing the first 3 and then winning the last 13....before hitting the playoffs and winning the big one!

:hihi:

I'm not going to try and predict anything here. It's really week to week for a lot of teams in the NFL. I will say that while it took some lucky breaks to come out with the win, that's the story of the NFL every week. We've had opportunities in almost every game this year, but didn't take advantage of them. We had three turnovers in the Giants game, but really did nothing with them. Other games, like the Falcons and Giants game, the breaks went their way (muffed punt/ blocked filed goal). While the W may have come off of lucky breaks, the team still had to take advantage.

I'm not going to try and predict anything here. It's really week to week for a lot of teams in the NFL. I will say that while it took some lucky breaks to come out with the win, that's the story of the NFL every week. We've had opportunities in almost every game this year, but didn't take advantage of them. We had three turnovers in the Giants game, but really did nothing with them. Other games, like the Falcons and Giants game, the breaks went their way (muffed punt/ blocked filed goal). While the W may have come off of lucky breaks, the team still had to take advantage.
Exactly. You could easily say it was lucky breaks that allowed NY and Oak to beat us.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom