Looking at the schedule (1 Viewer)

RazorSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's early, but the schedule isn't looking quite as daunting as it was before the season. In fact, you could hardly draw it up any better for the Saints. If we can get a win this week, we'll be in the cat bird seat. Here's how the rest shakes out in no particular order:

NYG (2 weeks to prepare)
2 against Car
2 against TB
@ MIA
@ WAS
@ STL
2 against ATL
DAL
NE

That's 4 games against solid teams (ATL, DAL, NE), 3 of which are in the Dome. Granted there's time for some of the weaker teams to right the ship, but I don't expect it from STL, TB, or Pennington-less Miami. The Zorn and Campbell grumbling from Redskins fans will become a scream if they don't get it together soon. I think the most likely team to make some progress would be CAR.

ATL has a tougher road, playing

@SF
@NYG (late Nov)
@NYJ (mid Dec)
@DAL
CHI
PHI (week 13 most likely with a healthy McNabb)

Breaking the season down into quarters (as I know Payton does), it's hard not to say the 1st quarter is our most difficult. If we can come out 4-0 we'll be well on our way!

IMO, after the bye, the hardest games will be NE, ATL, and DAL.

Not to jinx us, but barring injury, I smell a playoff run with a possible bye a la 2006.

Let's do it Boys!

Are you both forgetting the Giants game? This is and will be the hardest game of the year for the Saints.

I'm of the opinion this week's game is the toughest one this season. And other than the bye week, each week's game after that will be the toughest one this season. I'm on pins and needles every week leading up to every game.

I hope when we get to the end of the season guaranteed a bye in the playoffs, we don't let the kittycats beat our second stringers on 3 Jan.

Not predicting to to happen but if the Saints get through the NY teams with wins We could be heading into that Nov. 30th Monday night game with the Pats undefeted.

I think more realistically we'll be 9-1 and that in itself aint bad... The Giants game smells like a let down to me. historically the saints don'e show well after the bye week.

I think the Falcons games will be the most important games this year. Hopefully, all we will need is a home and home split. The 4th place schedule makes things a lot easier for us since there is a significant difference between Det/St. Louis for us and Chi/S.F. for Atl. Although there is a lot of football to be played, we have to like our chances with a 1 game lead and a more favorable schedule.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom