Looking at the Steelers and Browns game, Saints better not sleep on Bucs (1 Viewer)

Gentilly504

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Not only are the Steelers are better than the Browns, Browns have players out because of Covid and Steelers trying to comeback and win.

Wakeup call for the Saints. Can’t be over confident since you beat the Bucs twice and blew them out. I’m pretty sure Sean Payton will make sure they don’t eat the cheese.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Not only are the Steelers are better than the Browns, Browns have players out because of Covid and Steelers trying to comeback and win.

Wakeup call for the Saints. Can’t be over confident since you beat the Bucs twice and blew them out. I’m pretty sure Sean Payton will make sure they don’t eat the cheese.
Were the Steelers, losers of their last 4 out of 5 (and very nearly 5 straight losses) really better than the Browns?

No. Not even close.

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

We beat them twice for a good reason. Our D-line is better than their O-line and Brady is not mobile.. I'm not saying we are guaranteed a victory,but I like the matchup problems we present.

platinumvinnyv

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I'm sure he's not a bucs fan, just a realist
On one post in another thread he says the Buccs were going to win by 7. 5 minutes later he makes this thread. Most fans use terms such as "we" and "us" when talking about their favorite team,.. I dont think most fans think the Saints are going to steam roll Buccs again. But to keep bringing it up, is the reason I asked

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
On one post in another thread he says the Buccs were going to win by 7. 5 minutes later he makes this thread. Most fans use terms such as "we" and "us" when talking about their favorite team,.. I dont think most fans think the Saints are going to steam roll Buccs again. But to keep bringing it up, is the reason I asked
That's a good point, he did head scratchingly say that the Bucs should be favored by 7. He's definitely obsessed with the Bucs "prowess".

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
Honestly, I think yesterday's game went about as well as can be as far as motivating them for Tampa.

They had a lackluster first half offensively; defensively, they gave up a couple of big throws during the game and didn't get as much QB pressure as they've been getting through the season. Still, they won pretty handily, which gives the coaches carte blanche to double down on what needs correcting.

Jim Mora said that it's much easier to coach after a win because you can point out all the mistakes without having to worry about damaging players' psyches that are already down from losing.
When they're up, it's easier for them to process what they need to fix because they can take it in a positive light, feeling that they're getting that much better rather than feeling like they can't fix anything because they just suck as losers.

So I feel like this game is perfect for what needs to happen prep-wise for the third meeting with the Bucs.

Guido Merkins

VP of Janitorial Affairs
Reaction score
The Steelers have been horrible the last month and a half....they aren't better than the Browns.....People love to get caught up in history "Oh, the Steelers ALWAYS beat the Browns." Recent history, which is all that's relevant, says that the Steelers are awful and the Browns are ascending.

OP
Gentilly504

Gentilly504

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That's a good point, he did head scratchingly say that the Bucs should be favored by 7. He's definitely obsessed with the Bucs "prowess".
I’m not a Bucs fan. Sorry if it came off that way. As a fan of the Saints, the Saints fan in me say we will go to Super Bowl by doing what the 2000 Ravens did in their playoff run. But, taking off the fan bias, Bucs look like the favorite and may win. Sorry, it’s theCharlie Brown in me.

BarBar

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
My opinion: this game comes down to less than 1 score. I predict saints win by something like 3.

I do not expect a blowout. People can say what they want here, but the Bucs are trending up while we look like we are still trying to figure out who we are as a team. IMO, even since Brees came back the offense hasn't clicked like it did before he went down.

Hopefully this week rights the ship.

Harris is a new wild card that we didn't really have before.

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
Noooooo!!!! really bro? Come on man this team know wassup it’s a divisional playoff game nothing else needs to be said it’s Brady and the bucs bro lol
This.

There isn't a team left in the NFC that the Saints are in any danger of overlooking.

They treaded water in the first half with the Bears, but eventually stopped hitting the snooze button. It's playoff football the rest of the way.

bonscott

Veteran
Reaction score
The media won't let us "overlook" the buccs. I'd bet most people are saying we will lose. More motivation for drew.

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Saints better not sleep on Bucs
Are we just going to keep saying this every week until the season is over? Because that what it seems like.

Cajun Mike

Clan of dren
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score

The Steelers aren’t that good because of few very suspicious calls that went there way. They wouldn’t have even made the playoffs.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom