Looking for a computer (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
My friend is looking for an all in one computer set-up that includes a monitor and photo printer. He isn't too computer literate so he doesn't know what everything is. He wants something that he can eventually upgrade to plug his guitar into and record.

Any good deals out there?

it all comes down to budget and how much your friend is willing to spend. Obviously the big names like Dell, HP/Compaq, etc come up - but depending on needs and budget there's always other options.

As for recording guitar - any computer he build will come with hardware and inputs that he can use without getting anything special. A regular soundcard can be used with the line-in input though the quality is not that great. He would just need a computer guitar cable.

There are also USB devices that can be used and had for only about 100 bucks that are much better and offer superior quality and so long as you have a USB slot, you can run one of these and all computers he would be considering will have them - if he is serious about recording his guitar playing he can get one of these for not too much money and it's much better than the sound card option.

He could even find a system with good onboard audio and save himself the expense of a soundcard and use the money toward one of the USB devices. Here's an example of one: M-Audio Fast Track USBand you can get it for 100 bucks at amazon, for example.

Thanks man, I just sent him that link.

I checked out Tiger direct and there seems to be some pretty good deals there. I'm just not sure where the best websites to order from are anymore. I know there was a website that had Dell coupons.

it all comes down to budget and how much your friend is willing to spend. Obviously the big names like Dell, HP/Compaq, etc come up - but depending on needs and budget there's always other options.

As for recording guitar - any computer he build will come with hardware and inputs that he can use without getting anything special. A regular soundcard can be used with the line-in input though the quality is not that great. He would just need a computer guitar cable.

There are also USB devices that can be used and had for only about 100 bucks that are much better and offer superior quality and so long as you have a USB slot, you can run one of these and all computers he would be considering will have them - if he is serious about recording his guitar playing he can get one of these for not too much money and it's much better than the sound card option.

He could even find a system with good onboard audio and save himself the expense of a soundcard and use the money toward one of the USB devices. Here's an example of one: M-Audio Fast Track USBand you can get it for 100 bucks at amazon, for example.

use the standard audio, and use a line 6 devices, http://www.line6.com/products/computerbased/ the guitarport is only 100.00 , it's usb, and allows to play thru headphones, thru the sound card.. to comp speakers.. personally, i take it out to a surround system.
heck, at times when wanting to mess with guitar, i output the soundcard into the guitaramp using the clean setting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom