Looking for a Good Techno-Geeky forum I can ask some questions at. (1 Viewer)

Phil

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Hey,
I know there are some pretty technically savvy people on the forum when it comes to coding and software issues.
Can I ask where can I find a good forum where I can ask questions beyond the beginner level on a broad level of topics? A forum where I have a decent chance of actually receiving an answer? Or at least get pointed in the right direction?
I've gotten so frustrated with the resource sites I've used in the past that I'm getting downright desperate.

Why don't you start one here and see where it goes?

There are some pretty sharp people here.

Give it a shot

There are some pretty sharp people here.

Give it a shot

I agree there are some sharp people here, but none of them are replying to my question, are they?
I've asked a few other questions in the past about Wordpress and have not gotten very much along the way of answers. Right now I would like some help using Scribus in making an editable PDF document that's posted online.
Look, when I have a software or design related question I usually post here first because, like you said, there are some pretty sharp people people here and there's a chance I'll get an answer. But this is a Saints Football forum. People are coming here to talk Saints football - not Wordpress Development or CSS. And I'm sure just like my Saints site does during the offseason the visitors drop off significantly.
What I'm trying to say is you've got a good idea but I honestly don't think it will be very productive.
But, I could always message Andrus and ask him. Who knows? Maybe it will turn into something.

it looks like there is a Scribus forum, have you tried there?
http://forums.scribus.net/

Yes I Have! And the questions I posted about 3 weeks ago still haven't been answered.
The problem I see with Scribus is the problem I find with is what i see with a lot of Open Source stuff - there just isn't a whole lot of resources out there. Or, if there are resources, like in the case of Scribus, It's very dated. And I find it hard to believe that a 6-year old tutorial is still pertinent.
There's just a lot of different things I want to do to my sites and I'm having a hard time bringing myself to that "next level" to implement them. Yeah - I'm learning some coding and whatnot (Free Code Camp is awesome) but with my work schedule and family it's just been difficult to be consistent. So I find myself finding it easier to just ask questions. I mean I'm so past the "Learn How to Install and Set Up Wordpress" phase but I'm finding the majority of tutorials run along these lines.

What about Github? They come up alot in my searching but that site seems more for programming professionals way above where I'm at. I haven't thought about it much, but are there beginner or novice areas there?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom