Looking for a new grill Redux (1 Viewer)

Another Emphatic Yes to Weber.

As for thermometers, get an after market one. Even on high end models, they are not that reliable. (edit: n/m misread the indicator you meant)

You sure did. Thanks. Does yours have the hanging propane indicator thing and can you tell me how accurate it is?

Well, like I mentioned in the post, i had to get rid of it when we moved (but planning to replace with new model) , but yes it had some sort of indicator.. now that you mention it, it didnt seem too accurate so i didnt rely on it much.. very low-tech, it basically moved whenever you’d press down on the propane tank.. they may have improved that with the new model, I’m not sure.. but of course, that had no effect on the way it cooked, which was amazing.. i usually just timed it out based on how many times i’d use it; if i’d grilled twice a week, then after about 3 months, it was time to replace the tank.. the other thing i did, is i always kept an extra Blue Rhino tank on hand so if it wasn’t ever an issue.

We
I was about to pull the trigger on a Char Broil similar to what I've had for 10 years, but was wondering if anyone had any strong feelings about Weber. Seems like a better made product, but was wondering if anyone has some testimony about the cooking quality comparison between the two. Because it's a good bit more expensive for less square inches. Anyone feel strongly about their Weber?
weber is the better choice.

Char broil is a renta grill imo

Just a heads-up for anyone who’s interested , i saw a Weber grill today (the newer version of the Weber i had and loved so much) at Costco in Austin, TX.. i’ve been a Costco member for 6 or 7 yrs now, and have never seen a Weber product at any location, or on costco.com, til today.. the price seems pretty much in line with what i’ve seen the Weber Genesis go for at other places, but the cool thing about the Costco package is that it includes the grill cover and the remote control thermometer thing, both of which i had to purchase separately, and added about $120 to the cost.

332271D2-D59D-447C-B941-2761DFAC97AA.jpeg

384B8562-A9B5-42D1-9AD0-CF65F6602623.jpeg

I just got the 310 at Lowes. I think it was $700.

When i was shopping, I guess I got turned around clicking pages and comparing what I needed I accidentally ordered the natural gas version that I wanted (I don't have a natural gas line). They delivered it assembled. So I had to load that crap up, return it (which they took back no questions asked.) But then the one I ordered didn't come assembled, so my idiocy basically gave me two extra chores. Anyway, I'm about to have a new Weber grill after I put the dang thing together.

Just a heads-up for anyone who’s interested , i saw a Weber grill today (the newer version of the Weber i had and loved so much) at Costco in Austin, TX.. i’ve been a Costco member for 6 or 7 yrs now, and have never seen a Weber product at any location, or on costco.com, til today.. the price seems pretty much in line with what i’ve seen the Weber Genesis go for at other places, but the cool thing about the Costco package is that it includes the grill cover and the remote control thermometer thing, both of which i had to purchase separately, and added about $120 to the cost.

332271D2-D59D-447C-B941-2761DFAC97AA.jpeg

384B8562-A9B5-42D1-9AD0-CF65F6602623.jpeg

i bought the exact same grill 4 weeks ago at Lowes for $1085 and spent another $40 on a cover. So thats about 10% less.

But THAT GRILL IS THE SHIZNIT.

edit: the Cast iron grate grill was $80 less, but i went with the SS for durability.

i bought the exact same grill 4 weeks ago at Lowes for $1085 and spent another $40 on a cover. So thats about 10% less.

But THAT GRILL IS THE SHIZNIT.

edit: the Cast iron grate grill was $80 less, but i went with the SS for durability.

If you dont already have one, you might want to think about getting a remote thermometer.. it’s great, you stick the prongs into whatever you’re cooking, then go inside , watch tv, and it’ll let you know remotely whenever it reaches the desired temperature.. it’s the laziest thing ever, but as someone who didnt have a lot of grilling experience before i got my Weber, i absolutely loved it.

Nice.. def wouldnt want the Crimson Tide one though... :)
I like the red, but then I don't care about college sports, so it wouldn't offend my sensibilities. The one I got is "mocha" which is a ruddier red. I would prefer this red though.

If you dont already have one, you might want to think about getting a remote thermometer.. it’s great, you stick the prongs into whatever you’re cooking, then go inside , watch tv, and it’ll let you know remotely whenever it reaches the desired temperature.. it’s the laziest thing ever, but as someone who didnt have a lot of grilling experience before i got my Weber, i absolutely loved it.

I already have my times down for beef and chicken.

The sear station is the game changer. Watched a few videos since I never had one and after the second use, knew exactly how long. I've already gone thru a tank of propane in 3 weeks. My family loves grilled food. Beef chicken brats etc.

May get the thermometer to get more accurate and just to have on lazy days lol

To a previous poster... The grill before this one was a Char Broil Tru Infrafed. I replaced the grates 5 times in 3 years. It started rusting after 2 years. Not a fan. Only aspect I liked was the under grate that didn't allow flare ups.

Napoleon Grills are made in Canada (some models in China, so you have to make sure the model you get) and these are a bit better made than the Webers. I've been a Weber devotee for years and love their products. But the Napoleon makes a fantastic model. Price points are about the same, with the same features. So it's not really a recommendation for a brand to save money, but one to look for as well.

They aren't as easily found - I just searched Lake Charles, and it was Stine's and Coburn's, which are local places.

But if you have some in your area, they are worth looking into, imo, since they are available in the US now.

this is the model that we decided on: Napoleon Prestige 500

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom