Looking for a Single Action revolver and would like advice (1 Viewer)

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I recently completed an instructor course with the NRA to teach basic handgun safety. I need to purchase a single action revolver for teaching my class. Your advice would be appreciated.

I would think one of the Colt single action replicas would be a good cheap choice.

S&W 500 should do the trick.

Also:

88-magnum-meme-generator-88-magnum-it-shoots-through-schools-e2f0d3.JPG

Have you heard of anything about a Ruger that has a kit that will allow you to fire 9mm or .357?

I have a Ruger single six .22 and a Ruger Vaquero .45 LC and love them both. Don't know about the conversion kit though.

Can you fire 38 special out of the Ruger .357 like with a double action revolver?

Ruger "Single Six" 22 would be perfect. It's simple, inexpensive and the ammo is cheap.

I just found a Heritage Arms Rough Rider that comes with a .22LR cylinder and a .22 Magnum cylinder for only $195. I'm going to take a ride tonight and maybe pick it up. He also set aside 1k rounds of .22 ammo and a 1k .223!!! Freakin awesome.

+1 on the Ruger. I've got a GP-100. Inexpensive, reliable, and easy to shoot. Takes .38 through .357. The front sight is hard to see in a dark shooting range, but a little paint on the tip fixes that.

I tried to look ip the difference between single and double action. Is it that a double action can be cocked using the trigger and a single action cannot?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom