Looking for suggestions on Antenna’s(Cutting the cord) (1 Viewer)

KaYoTiiC

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Getting rid of Cox cable and getting an antenna.. just not sure which one to get. There’s sooooo many. Looking to get one on amazon if possible.

I live in Old Metairie and have some oak trees in the way. Not many but could be a problem

A bit of consideration has to be given to tower location, as well as distance from your home, elevation, and obstacles.

Tvfool shows that you're relatively close to your local towers but those towers are coming from different directions.

Screenshot_20201106-025506_Chrome.jpg

It looks like the good channels are coming from the southeast and you're close enough to get away with some good rabbit ears.

An ancient antenna will work as well as a new one. The newer channels are on uhf.

They call the new antennas "HDTV" antennas because they want you to buy another one.

I don't care for amplified antennas but this gets good reviews. If you don't like it Amazon will take it back.

Amazon product ASIN B07NS3N1PM

A bit of consideration has to be given to tower location, as well as distance from your home, elevation, and obstacles.

Tvfool shows that you're relatively close to your local towers but those towers are coming from different directions.

It looks like the good channels are coming from the southeast and you're close enough to get away with some good rabbit ears.

An ancient antenna will work as well as a new one. The newer channels are on uhf.

They call the new antennas "HDTV" antennas because they want you to buy another one.

I don't care for amplified antennas but this gets good reviews. If you don't like it Amazon will take it back.

Amen.

For additional help, go to youtube and watch the antenna man.
You'll get exhausted with the choices you have.
He'll teach you how all of it works and give you recommendations after testing many different types and sizes.

I ended up with this one. It works pretty well in Baton Rouge.
Antennas-Direct-ClearStream-Multi-directional-Adjustable

• Antennas Direct Clearstream 2Max TV Antenna, 60+ Mile Range, UHF/Vhf, Multi-Directional, Indoor/Outdoor, Base Stand, Mast W/Pivoting Base/Hardware/Adjustable Clamp/Sealing Pads, 4K, Black – C2MVJ-5

Thank you kindly for all that helpful info. Greatly appreciate ya

Amen.

For additional help, go to youtube and watch the antenna man.
You'll get exhausted with the choices you have.
He'll teach you how all of it works and give you recommendations after testing many different types and sizes.

I ended up with this one. It works pretty well in Baton Rouge.
Antennas-Direct-ClearStream-Multi-directional-Adjustable

• Antennas Direct Clearstream 2Max TV Antenna, 60+ Mile Range, UHF/Vhf, Multi-Directional, Indoor/Outdoor, Base Stand, Mast W/Pivoting Base/Hardware/Adjustable Clamp/Sealing Pads, 4K, Black – C2MVJ-5
I was on someone’s top 10 antenna vids and saw someone recommend him. I went to his vids and maaaaan he had all kinda stuff, kinda overwhelming to someone that knows very little about these. That’s why I came here because I know my fellow who dats got me, so thank you.

that’s one of the ones I looked at, isn’t that the Clearstream? That’s what I’m leaning towards getting, I’d rather have a better one than just regular bunny ears so I won’t have to mess with it again.
Thank you so much buddy

I was on someone’s top 10 antenna vids and saw someone recommend him. I went to his vids and maaaaan he had all kinda stuff, kinda overwhelming to someone that knows very little about these. That’s why I came here because I know my fellow who dats got me, so thank you.

that’s one of the ones I looked at, isn’t that the Clearstream? That’s what I’m leaning towards getting, I’d rather have a better one than just regular bunny ears so I won’t have to mess with it again.
Thank you so much buddy
That is indeed the Clearstream.
If I had to do it again, I'd buy the Clearstream with the dual UHF antennas.
1604682250002.png

I live in Terrytown and have a Mohu Leaf and its currently picking up 49 channels and all the majors come in with no artifacting.

I live in Terrytown and have a Mohu Leaf and its currently picking up 49 channels and all the majors come in with no artifacting.
Sweet I may get that one so it’s a bit easier to hook up. But idk yet lol so many choices.

That is indeed the Clearstream.
If I had to do it again, I'd buy the Clearstream with the dual UHF antennas.
1604682250002.png
The only thing I’m a bit worried about is instillation. Did you hook it up on your roof? Saw some had it inside or in the attic. I’m not a handy man, I’m more of a cooking guy lol

is this the one you’re talking about? Could I hook it up inside like I see some do?
B56B55F7-6409-4F99-A87A-9F5B1968EFA6.png

The one I pictured is the one I would get if I had to do it again.

I used the direct brackets that were on the roof.

The antenna will come with it’s own mounting bracket you can mount to your facia board in minutes.
Nothing to be intimidated about.

Antennas Direct ClearStream 4MAX

Antennas Direct
$129.99
Free shipping
ClearStream 4MAX Ultra Long Range Outdoor TV Antenna
Best Buy
$129.99
Free shipping
Antennas Direct - ClearStream 4MAX Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna - Black
RadioShack
$149.99
Free shipping
Antennas Direct ClearStream 4MAX Ultra Long-Range Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna with 20-Inch Mount (70+ Mile Range)
Walmart - NETCNA
$194.95
Free shipping
Clearstream 4max tv antenna, 70+ mile range, multi-directional, indoor, attic, outdoor, 20-inch mast with pivoting base, all-weather mounting hardware
Newegg.com - PQ Electronics
$191.00
Free shipping
Antennas Direct Clearstream 4Max TV Antenna, 70+ Mile Range, UHF/Vhf, Multi-Directional, Indoor, Attic, Outdoor, Mast W/Pivoting Base/Hardware/Adjusta
Walmart - Sharp Shoe
$204.00
Free shipping
Clearstream 4max tv antenna, 70+ mile range, multi-directional, indoor, attic, outdoor, 20-inch mast with pivoting base, all-weather mounting hardware
Walmart - HomeOnline
$246.14
Free shipping
Walmart - Steves Daily Deals
$194.90
Free shipping
eBay - mark555uw
$120.00
Used
Antennas Direct - Clearstream 4max Hdtv Antenna C4mvj - 70+ Mile
Details
ClearStream 4MAX UHF/VHF Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna

The one I pictured is the one I would get if I had to do it again.

I used the direct brackets that were on the roof.

The antenna will come with it’s own mounting bracket you can mount to your facia board in minutes.
Nothing to be intimidated about.
Awesome that’s what I like to hear. Again thank you kindly!

Antennas Direct ClearStream 4MAX

Antennas Direct
$129.99
Free shipping
ClearStream 4MAX Ultra Long Range Outdoor TV Antenna
Best Buy
$129.99
Free shipping
Antennas Direct - ClearStream 4MAX Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna - Black
RadioShack
$149.99
Free shipping
Antennas Direct ClearStream 4MAX Ultra Long-Range Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna with 20-Inch Mount (70+ Mile Range)
Walmart - NETCNA
$194.95
Free shipping
Newegg.com - PQ Electronics
$191.00
Free shipping
Antennas Direct Clearstream 4Max TV Antenna, 70+ Mile Range, UHF/Vhf, Multi-Directional, Indoor, Attic, Outdoor, Mast W/Pivoting Base/Hardware/Adjusta
Walmart - Sharp Shoe
$204.00
Free shipping
Walmart - HomeOnline
$246.14
Free shipping
Walmart - Steves Daily Deals
$194.90
Free shipping
eBay - mark555uw
$120.00
Used
Antennas Direct - Clearstream 4max Hdtv Antenna C4mvj - 70+ Mile
Details
ClearStream 4MAX UHF/VHF Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna
Thank you for all your help, greatly appreciated. I’ll post what I end up ordering

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom