Looking to buy a refrigerator (1 Viewer)

We bought the Samsung, in "black" stainless. What surprised me was how quiet it is. The finish also doesn't show fingerprints as much as the regular stainless.

Has French doors up top with a small door within the door for frequently used items, a middle drawer that you can set at several different temps depending what you're using it for, and a bottom freezer.

About $2000-$2300 IIRC. They had a six month same as cash thing going when we got ours. I know that's more than you want to spend, but our last fridge before this one lasted at least 15 years, and is still going in the garage now. So we figured we'd get our money's worth.

We just got an LG with the same setup in black stainless. The icemaker works great and the door-in-door feature is sweet.

There was no forewarning. We left and it was working, got home last night at 9 and the fan was blowing, but nothing was cooling down. It sucks more than anything as Friday night we purchased a bunch of Blue Bell ice cream to enjoy after we returned from gutting houses.

I will look into doing what you and DTC are saying. It's a generic Wirlpool freezer top fridge, so I will look into it tomorrow. I hope we don't have to buy a new fridge, but if I must, I must.

The other options is just getting it looked at and repaired. I mean, usually it's dust you can vac or blow out under the fridge or it's a compressor.

Some people would replace it with a used Fridge to save a ton of money.

All up to you. Do you have space for a larger fridge (French doors), or would you stick with a top Freezer or bottom Freezer?

The other options is just getting it looked at and repaired. I mean, usually it's dust you can vac or blow out under the fridge or it's a compressor.

Some people would replace it with a used Fridge to save a ton of money.

All up to you. Do you have space for a larger fridge (French doors), or would you stick with a top Freezer or bottom Freezer?

The space for the fridge will only fit a top/bottom freezer, which is fine for now (as this isn't as my wife puts it "our forever house"). Looking at the back, the fan is still blowing. We are going to have a guy come and look at the fridge this morning, and we will see what he says. Thanks for your (and others) help in this. These big ticket purchases are absolutely the worst when they are forced on you, as opposed to when you have time to make the decision.

The space for the fridge will only fit a top/bottom freezer, which is fine for now (as this isn't as my wife puts it "our forever house"). Looking at the back, the fan is still blowing. We are going to have a guy come and look at the fridge this morning, and we will see what he says. Thanks for your (and others) help in this. These big ticket purchases are absolutely the worst when they are forced on you, as opposed to when you have time to make the decision.

Totally.

BTW, for the bottom freezer new from sears.

Sears.com $750. That's probably your best bet, since the top freezer models are more expensive. And this is the highest ranked bottom Freezer. You could probably find something cheaper, but lately the Consumer Reports Magazine doesn't give as many listed.

We rent, and when we were gone on our Honeymoon, the water line to the fridge got a leak. So, we came home to a small puddle of water. Had to get the repair guy to come and fix the hose. luckily, it was just that. But a few months ago, our old fridge just stopped freezing. Instead of fixing it, they just replaced it with the current fridge we have, which is a used one. They cleaned it out, but that didn't meet my wife's standards, so we cleaned it out after they hooked it up.

We just bought a car and I just bought a laptop. I took a couple weeks looking at laptops and desktops to decide what I wanted to do and how much I'd have to spend to get certain features.

We have been eyeballing cars loosely for a year now. For months, we downselected to just a small compact for her (she really needed it to get to work and pick up the youngest from aftercare). We didn't need another family cruiser. Once we came up with our online list of cars/brands. We spend 2 different weekends doing test drives. A few we never got to, though. But, we at least tested 4 different makes/models. I didn't even want to buy the one she selected that day. I wanted to take time to work the best price and find a color she liked better. But, the sales manager came out and basically wanted to talk to us and see what he had to do to make this work. He thought we'd rather do a lease, so he worked the numbers to make a great lease, but in doing so, he came down a ton on the price of the car. So, the "take your time" in me got over ridden by, "wow, that's actually better than I thought I could pull off" (and I did my research). So, then we pulled the trigger.

Long story short, I totally am with you about preferring to take time to get things.

Is your freezer working? You can have a bad thermostat which will freeze up your coils and cause the fridge part to no longer work. Happened to me.

I recently bought a Samsung French door style fridge with the pullout drawer.
Fortunately, I have a friend with the Hook Up. I know someone who works at Lowes in the return dept. they get ton's of returns (she says Lowes return policy is way to lenient). if they don't sell at the discounted price, they mark them down way more.
I got the Samsung for $850. had one tiny ding on the side. can't see it, it goes against a wall. normally, its like a $1600-$2000 fridge.
The only drawback, IMO, is the ice maker takes up too much room in the refrigerator.
There is an LG French Door style that has the whole ice maker built into the door, which I think is better.

Attachments

• DP0122201617085044M.jpg
    DP0122201617085044M.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 16

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom