Looks like Bobby Bowden is done at FSU (1 Viewer)

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
I guess Joe Paterno wins that contest.

Word is that BB will be forced to retire after this season. Jimbo Fisher has been putting his career on hold waiting for this moment. But not so fast Jimbo. There is speculation that he might not get that long promised promotion. Some believe that Jimbo has been coaching the team anyway the last few years and look at the result. So he may get the shaft, although with a nice parting gift for playing the game. I think Tubberville is polishing up his resume.

I wouldn't be so sure. There were those at Penn State that wanted JoePa gone a few years ago and look how that worked out.

IMO, this would be the biggest mistake FSU could make. Bowden has earned the right to step down when he wants to.

The second biggest mistake would be to give the job to no creativity Fisher. Dumbo (as he is so lovinly called in inner Seminole circles) is undeserving of such a prestigous position. Him becoming head coach at FSU would set that program back light years. No imagination, no creativity for play-calling, he is lucky to have a QB like Ponder who actually makes Fisher look like he knows a little something. The offense has been run by Fisher the last couple of years with very little success. A win here and there to get us in position to get a bowl invite does not a head coach make.

I beg and plead witht he powers that be to see the light and reconsider. Let Bowden go out on his own terms and let Fisher go destroy another team.

Bowden coaches the team about as much as I do. He doesn't wear a headset, he doesn't call the timeouts, he has no idea what's going on, he just stands there trying to earn wins.

Time for the old guys too step down there days of coaching a national championship game is over.....suprising they both have lasted this long....

I WOULD GO GET THE CINCINNATI OR SOUTH FLORIDA HEAD COACH

To echo what Ellis mentioned earlier, replacing Bowden with a guy like Tommy Tuberville would be a very wise decison. Tubs has proven himself as an assistant DC at Miami under Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erikson. He went to Texas A@M and served well under RC Slocum as his DC, and he's did an outstanding job in t,he rough and tumble world of SEC Football. I'll always appreciate what Tommy did here at Auburn even if he was screwed over in the end by Bobby Lowder and the BOT last season.

I can't say how many in Tallahassee would be willing to give him a chance to replace a football legend like Bobby Bowden, but the odds of letting a solid, well-tested, and successful former HC gives you a far better chance at winning then an unimaginative,untested HC-in waiting who may totally set your program back to a second-tier team. College football is all about remaining relevant, and making sure your school is not falling so far behind it gets swallowed whole by the competition.

Because NCAA College Football has no place for tomorrow if you can't win, especially in the SEC. You either survive and remain fit or you'll get eaten alive

In hindsight I'm glad Tom Osborne called it quits when he did. However I would have preferred it if he had Turner Gill take over than Frank Solich.

Although it did open the door for that idiot Callahan to come in as screw things up for a while.

I wonder what the difference is between Paterno and Bowden. Paterno, admittedly, doesn't do nearly as much as he used to do - I have heard several people say that he usually puts in under 6 hour days. Yet dude is competing for Conference titles. Bowden, on the other hand, hasn't won a title since the ACC expanded.

I don't really have any facts to support this, so I could be totally off base, but I think LSU's rise to the top has hurt Fl;orida State more than any other team. I seem to remember Fla. State taking some top notch players from Louisiana and Mississippi back in the late 80s and 90s. Now those dudes are almost impossible to pry away from LSU.

To echo what Ellis mentioned earlier, replacing Bowden with a guy like Tommy Tuberville would be a very wise decison.

I can't say how many in Tallahassee would be willing to give him a chance to replace a football legend like Bobby Bowden, but the odds of letting a solid, well-tested, and successful former HC gives you a far better chance at winning then an unimaginative,untested HC

Unfortunately, for fans such as myself, it isn't going to happen. The University for whatever reason, wants Fisher.......:idunno:

He was useless at LSU and his offenses at FSU has been under-achieving, but yet they still think he is the right guy for the job.......:covri:

I wonder what the difference is between Paterno and Bowden. Paterno, admittedly, doesn't do nearly as much as he used to do - I have heard several people say that he usually puts in under 6 hour days. Yet dude is competing for Conference titles. Bowden, on the other hand, hasn't won a title since the ACC expanded.

I don't really have any facts to support this, so I could be totally off base, but I think LSU's rise to the top has hurt Florida State more than any other team. I seem to remember Fla. State taking some top notch players from Louisiana and Mississippi back in the late 80s and 90s. Now those dudes are almost impossible to pry away from LSU.

What's hurting FSU is Fisher. I am not saying Bowden doesn't need to hang it up, but Fisher is not the answer when he does.

Let Bowden go out on his own terms and let Fisher go destroy another team.

I say can them both. They have no prayer in recruiting until they do.

Case in point, can anyone name the last 7 FSU QB's? All I can remember is Weinke and basketball player Charlie Ward. Time for Bobbahbowden to graze the rug.

Case in point, can anyone name the last 7 FSU QB's? All I can remember is Weinke and basketball player Charlie Ward. Time for Bobbahbowden to graze the rug.

Christian Ponder, Drew Weatherford, Xavier Lee, Adrian McPherson, Wyatt Sexton, Chris Rix.

Before Rix was Weinke. Only Ponder, Weatherford and Rix were true starters the last 9 years. Sexton spelled Rix when he went into his slump, Lee split time with Weatherford and McPherson played sparingly. And you can't forget Marcus Outzen, Weinke's replacement when he was out with the neck injury.

But I am a Noles fan........:9:

As for coach, I wouldn't mind former offensive coordinator Mark Richt, if UGA lets him go.

I guess Joe Paterno wins that contest.

Word is that BB will be forced to retire after this season. Jimbo Fisher has been putting his career on hold waiting for this moment. But not so fast Jimbo. There is speculation that he might not get that long promised promotion. Some believe that Jimbo has been coaching the team anyway the last few years and look at the result. So he may get the shaft, although with a nice parting gift for playing the game. I think Tubberville is polishing up his resume.

My favorite college team after Penn State is whoever is playing Florida or Florida State. With that said, bring in Mike Shula and he'll build a Florida State team like that fool Saben is "organizing" now

jimbo better hire one HELL of a defensive coordinator...

as far as the offense, ugh...i'll give him a shot. offensive line comes back for the most part, as does most of the offense...just keep the running game going..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom