Looks like chase daniel is heading to kansas city (SR edit: Jason La Canfora - speculation) (1 Viewer)

:spit:I love me some Chase Daniel but come on dude.

He would never go to KC because he wants to go somewhere to compete to start. KC didn't give up what they gave up for Alex Smith so he could "compete" with Chase Daniel.

Why not? Alex Smith has never impressed me. Two "good" seasons with a white hot Defense and all kinds of offensive weapons around him doesn't make him all of a sudden "great" like some talking heads seem to think. I think Daniel could give him some competition at the QB position.

Chase Daniels is quality. He may need yo go yo prove he is a starter. Probably won't be here. Look for 3 yrs. $18 mill. for Daniels.
Did you quote the person you intended?

If so, I wasn't knocking the fact about him going anywhere for any amount.
I was merely commenting on the OP stating that it appears it was close to happening, yet it was only speculation.
I'd be happy for the guy if he found a place to get a shot. I think he'd do pretty well if he had a decent O-line protecting him and someone good to throw to. He couldn't have had much better teachers over the last few years.

His girlfriend lives/ works outside of Kansas City so that could be a pull for him to sign with the Chiefs.

LaCanfora is one of the worst "insiders" there is; I pay zero attention to anything he says because most of the time he reports something a few minutes after Schefter or Glazer does. Glazer's the best insider in the NFL.

let's work this out.

Who really needs competition for a starting QB?
1. Buffalo
2. Jacksonville
3. Philly
4. Arizona
5. Minnesota
6. Raiders

Anyone can clearly see Chase in the plane.

kcchiefs.jpg

Is that Teo's girlfriend, hanging out with Chase?

Ex Saints QB Danials when did he become ex

Ex-Saints backup Daniel in demand in shallow free-agent QB class
By Jason La Canfora | CBS Sports NFL Insider
March 12, 2013 10:52 am ET

Could Drew Brees' backup start pushing Mark Sanchez for time with the Jets? (USATSI)
Former Saints backup quarterback Chase Daniel is seen by many teams as the best option available in free agency at the position, according to league sources, and will likely have several options once the league year begins at 4 p.m. Tuesday.

NFL off-season news
Related content
Keep track: Top 100 free agents
More news & notes | Draft coverage
Several sources believe Daniel will end up earning in excess of $3 million per season, and teams are interested in lining up visits for when that process begins at 4 p.m. It is not a deep quarterback class in free agency, and the Chiefs, Giants, Bears, 49ers and Vikings are also looking for backups.

The Jets want someone to push Mark Sanchez for the starting job and that could be the best opportunity to actually play, which is something every free-agent quarterback must consider. Jason Campbell could end up staying with the Bears, who value him, while Drew Stanton is drawing interest from teams like the Cardinals and Jaguars, sources said.

To this point the Raiders (Carson Palmer) and Cardinals (Kevin Kolb) have not made any moves to part with their highly-paid starters. At this point there are indications the Raiders and Palmer will be able to alter his contract a bit to facilitate him staying, while there has been no contact between the Cards and Kolb despite ownership expressing a desire at one point to slash his $11 million in scheduled compensation for 2013.

Kolb has a roster bonus coming due in a few days, which could facilitate a resolution there.:scratch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom