Looks like Drew got the Urlacher special this offseason... (1 Viewer)

Did Drew have his hair did?

• Yes

Votes: 64 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Tacos

Votes: 30 28.6%

• Total voters
Male pattern loss is inherited through the maternal line, on the X chromosome.

Except it’s not.

The idea that you get it from the mother’s side of the family is an old wives tale that’s been throughly debunked.. i Wont bother to post a link since you can google lots of info on it.. I’m not saying it *cant* come your mom’s side, but it just as easily can, and does, come from the father’s side.

He’s gone from his normal hair to the Peyton Manning 5head look.

I’m glad I have my moms genes with hair. One grandpa went white at 30 but never lost his hair. The other bald at 40.

when I started going grey at 16 I was happier than heck. I knew I had a long happy life of making fun of my brother.

All ya'll's banter and input is very cute and inspiring.

so how much does it cost and does it hurt?

I think the cost is based on how much of a baldie you are, i e how many follicles they have to extract from the back of your head to ‘relocate‘ to the balding spots.. i never got serious enough about it to actually get a consultation from one of the places, i just did some online research; my hair’s not thinning that bad, I’m just kind of vain.. But from what i can tell, the average guy spends in the $5k-$10k range .. the cost, to me , for something that can make a big difference doesnt seem that high.. People were paying that much for LASIK not long ago.. the hard part for me would be the downtime, not being able to work for a month or two while it grows in.. of course, now would be the perfect time to do it, but i wouldnt want a doctor and nurses that close to me for an elective, all day procedure righit now, with whats going around.

As far as how much it hurts- pain is temporary.. good hair is forever.

My moms dad was bald at an early age. I started losing mine in my early 20's.
Even when today many men shave their heads, I still wear a hat everyday.

Years ago I went to a formal gathering for a place I worked and no one recognized who I was.

Can we talk about the new video? No, not the $5 million dollar donation. Let's talk about that refurbished Drew Brees hairline, people!

I don't hate it at all! Might even inspire a balding 40-something like myself to do the same. Makes him look 10 years younger and should give him another 3-4 years under center, I would think.

drew brees hairline.PNG

Would love to see Drew with Anzalone locks. Can someone photoshop?

Male pattern loss is inherited through the maternal line, on the X chromosome. But its generally not expressed in females to any signficant degree - but they y pass it on to their sons and daughters (who in turn, do not express and pass on to their sons and daughters, etc.). So the grandfather on your mothers side, and/or any uncles on that side may indicate your loss pattern. It could also come from the grandmother, but you would have to look at your great-grandfather and/or any great uncles and generally those are less likely to be alive so most people don't consider them.

Agreed that heredity is the key to everything, looks-wise. I inherited the hair pattern of the men on my dad’s side, but my physical frame is from the men on mom’s side. Translation is a medium build with thick hair that’s not thinning one bit.

The question is not whether we like Drew's hair, the question is whether Brittany likes it. I'm trying to guess based on her facial expression. Gosh, look at the time, gotta run.

He’s gone from his normal hair to the Peyton Manning 5head look.

I’m glad I have my moms genes with hair. One grandpa went white at 30 but never lost his hair. The other bald at 40.

when I started going grey at 16 I was happier than heck. I knew I had a long happy life of making fun of my brother.

That's funny! It's exactly what I tell me kids. My brother's and I went gray early but full heads of hair. My wife's dad and brother started balding early. I tell me kids they will be either gray or bald by 30 so start looking for the grays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom