Looks like Kaepernick going to Atlanta for tryout...Not just for Atlanta (1 Viewer)

started 11 games, finishing 2-9. He completed 57.3 percent of his passes for 2,108 yards, throwing 11 touchdowns vs. 15 interceptions.

Who's numbers are those? Oh he was benched for Doug flutie that year.

Yep that is Drew.

I am not saying Colin would never be good but saying he sucked when the team he was on sucked and his coaches sucked is not really fair.

When the team was solid he was more serviceable.

The thing is he is not the greatest but he certainly can be a backup in this league.

Heck Drew has been benched and he is the best ever.

Beautiful

Why don't you give us some background on the economist of whom you quote.

Ya could bring up that he believes in supply side economics.

That is the lower tax and regulations on big business so they can make more and forking hopefully pay employees more. Also super similar to trickle down or Reaganomics.

He also does not believe in the minimum wage, affirmative action, or gun control.

That quote is from the most conservative African American to ever walk the face of the Earth.

Just in case you did not know.
you are correct sir

Image result for thomas sowell minimum wage
www.aei.org
“Unfortunately, the real minimum wage is always zero, regardless of the laws, and that is the wage that many workers receive in the wake of the creation or escalation of a government-mandated minimum wage, because they lose their jobs or fail to find jobs when they enter the labor force."

"When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment feels like discrimination"

"The key fallacy of so called gun control laws is that such laws do not in fact control guns. They simply disarm law abiding citizens, while people bent on violence find firearms readily available."
Thomas Sowell

Last edited:
PR stunt on his part... He was fading away... now he's back in the spotlight... and if no one signs him, he can then claim he was fit and ready, but because of his stance he was again regected by the NFL.

No big news on how he has been working with police and communities... but big news he's gonna try for the NFL again...

Do you have evidence of this? This runs counter to what is being reported.

Sources told ESPN's Dan Graziano that the workout was also set up in response to an Oct. 10 statement by Kaepernick's representatives, who said they had received "little to no response" from the 32 NFL teams.

As Kaepernick suggested in the tweet, the proposed workout on Saturday came as a surprise to the quarterback and his representatives.

So, based on that, the NFL set up this workout to the surprise of CK and his reps. What factual basis do you have that this is a PR stunt by CK? For the two persons who positively rated your post, what basis do you all have for that? It is directly contrary to what is being reported. So your very first assertion in your post is, at this time, false.

See, this is why this topic drives me crazy. Why not simply stay within reality and the facts? As I said in the thread that got deleted, the NFL is setting this up in bad faith and I would be surprised, shocked if any team signs him. Because this whole "workout" appears to be a sham.

Sources told ESPN that Kaepernick and his reps were alerted to the workout at 10 a.m. Tuesday, ahead of a 4 p.m. ET personnel notice that was sent to teams. When notified, the quarterback's reps asked for the workout to be on a Tuesday, which typically is when NFL workouts take place because head coaches and general managers can more easily attend. On Saturday, almost half of the NFL teams will be traveling to games, and most of the rest of the coaches and players will be heading to their team hotels to prepare for their games the next day.

But the NFL said the workout had to be on a Saturday, sources told ESPN. When the league was asked whether it could be on the following Saturday -- by making it this Saturday, the 32 teams have only about three days to make a decision on whether to attend and whom to send -- the NFL said no and didn't provide a reason.

Sources told ESPN that the league office also said none of the 32 teams had been made aware of the workout before the memo was sent. When Kaepernick's representatives asked whether a team or teams had asked for the workout, the NFL league office said, "We can't tell you that," the reps explained.

Because of the shroud of mystery around the workout and because none of the teams had been informed before Tuesday, Kaepernick's representatives began to question the legitimacy of the workout and the process and wonder whether it was just a public relations stunt by the league, sources told ESPN. The representatives asked the league office for a list of personnel executives and coaches who would be attending the workout because GMs and head coaches make personnel decisions, especially given how important the quarterback position is.

As it stands now, the ball is in the NFL's court to submit the list of personnel executives and coaches who will attend on Saturday.

None of yall could have read that and came away thinking, "hmm, PR stunt by CK." It is a PR stunt and it is clearly on the NFL's part.

-NFL notifies CK and reps on 11/12 of this workout scheduled for 11/16
-NFL notifies NFL clubs 6 hours after notifying CK and reps on 11/12; no prior notice was given to NFL clubs
-CK and reps ask for a Tuesday workout (11/19), the day workouts are traditionally held on; NFL declines
-CK and reps ask for a Saturday workout the following week 11/23 to give NFL clubs a chance to make arrangements since it is so last minute; NFL declines
-CK and reps ask NFL what NFL clubs have asked for the workout; NFL says they can't answer
-CK and reps ask NFL for a list of executives and coaches who will attend the workout to confirm the legitimacy; NFL has yet to provide

The NFL gets everything they want here. Publicity about this workout in an effort to feign fairness to CK and when no one bites the ability to say "see, it is based on ability." And, very disappointingly, persons are already in line to buy into the narrative. I will say again. I am ashamed that I still watch but I love the Saints so much.

]
just because you choose to ignore it doesn't mean it isn't happening...

"While Kaepernick’s words have been enormously influential, he’s also donated more than $1 million to various social justice causes and founded a youth camp that offers members of marginalized communities guidance on how to interact with the police."

While I am sure the $1 million was needed... Too bad it only came into play after the sheet hit the fan and Kap. was under a ton of heat...
Unlike Thomas Morestead today.

Any more money raised, camps started, community programs by kap? Nope... but NFL tryout.. yup...

you are correct sir

Image result for thomas sowell minimum wage
www.aei.org
“Unfortunately, the real minimum wage is always zero, regardless of the laws, and that is the wage that many workers receive in the wake of the creation or escalation of a government-mandated minimum wage, because they lose their jobs or fail to find jobs when they enter the labor force."

"When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment feels like discrimination"

"The key fallacy of so called gun control laws is that such laws do not in fact control guns. They simply disarm law abiding citizens, while people bent on violence find firearms readily available."
Thomas Sowell

Here is my favorite.

This is the age of the complaining classes, whether they are lawyers, community activists, radical feminists, race hustlers or other squeaking wheels looking for oil. … No society ever thrived because it had a large and growing class of parasites living off those who produce.

He is like the real life Clayton Bigsby but with a Harvard degree!

I really don't like him one forking bit.

His quotes are a riot.

FTP... Are orther qb's setting up private workouts and inviting the NFL..?

]

While I am sure the $1 million was needed... Too bad it only came into play after the shirt hit the fan and Kap. was under a ton of heat...
Unlike Thomas Morestead today.

Any more money raised, camps started, community programs by kap? Nope... but NFL tryout.. yup...

lol...this is really sad man

FTP... Are orther qb's setting up private workouts and inviting the NFL..?

"I’m just getting word from my representatives that the NFL league office reached out to them about a workout in Atlanta on Saturday."

"Are orther qb's setting up private workouts and inviting the NFL"

"the NFL league office reached out to them"

Come on Joe. You can't be that obtuse.

"I’m just getting word from my representatives that the NFL league office reached out to them about a workout in Atlanta on Saturday."

"Are orther qb's setting up private workouts and inviting the NFL"

"the NFL league office reached out to them"

Come on Joe. You can't be that obtuse.

FTP. You are correct... I am wrong... after a little research it seems this was instigated by the NFL and not Kapernick.

Now that really puts an interest twist on this because this does not seem like the NFL norm here... hummm...

Because if he is reinstated it seems that may reignite old fires which I can't imagine they want.... is it that they want teams to look at him and then say: "We gave him a chance, but we passed due to (insert reason here)

Last edited:
Do you have evidence of this? This runs counter to what is being reported.

Sources told ESPN's Dan Graziano that the workout was also set up in response to an Oct. 10 statement by Kaepernick's representatives, who said they had received "little to no response" from the 32 NFL teams.

As Kaepernick suggested in the tweet, the proposed workout on Saturday came as a surprise to the quarterback and his representatives.

So, based on that, the NFL set up this workout to the surprise of CK and his reps. What factual basis do you have that this is a PR stunt by CK? For the two persons who positively rated your post, what basis do you all have for that? It is directly contrary to what is being reported. So your very first assertion in your post is, at this time, false.

See, this is why this topic drives me crazy. Why not simply stay within reality and the facts? As I said in the thread that got deleted, the NFL is setting this up in bad faith and I would be surprised, shocked if any team signs him. Because this whole "workout" appears to be a sham.

Sources told ESPN that Kaepernick and his reps were alerted to the workout at 10 a.m. Tuesday, ahead of a 4 p.m. ET personnel notice that was sent to teams. When notified, the quarterback's reps asked for the workout to be on a Tuesday, which typically is when NFL workouts take place because head coaches and general managers can more easily attend. On Saturday, almost half of the NFL teams will be traveling to games, and most of the rest of the coaches and players will be heading to their team hotels to prepare for their games the next day.

But the NFL said the workout had to be on a Saturday, sources told ESPN. When the league was asked whether it could be on the following Saturday -- by making it this Saturday, the 32 teams have only about three days to make a decision on whether to attend and whom to send -- the NFL said no and didn't provide a reason.

Sources told ESPN that the league office also said none of the 32 teams had been made aware of the workout before the memo was sent. When Kaepernick's representatives asked whether a team or teams had asked for the workout, the NFL league office said, "We can't tell you that," the reps explained.

Because of the shroud of mystery around the workout and because none of the teams had been informed before Tuesday, Kaepernick's representatives began to question the legitimacy of the workout and the process and wonder whether it was just a public relations stunt by the league, sources told ESPN. The representatives asked the league office for a list of personnel executives and coaches who would be attending the workout because GMs and head coaches make personnel decisions, especially given how important the quarterback position is.

As it stands now, the ball is in the NFL's court to submit the list of personnel executives and coaches who will attend on Saturday.

None of yall could have read that and came away thinking, "hmm, PR stunt by CK." It is a PR stunt and it is clearly on the NFL's part.

-NFL notifies CK and reps on 11/12 of this workout scheduled for 11/16
-NFL notifies NFL clubs 6 hours after notifying CK and reps on 11/12; no prior notice was given to NFL clubs
-CK and reps ask for a Tuesday workout (11/19), the day workouts are traditionally held on; NFL declines
-CK and reps ask for a Saturday workout the following week 11/23 to give NFL clubs a chance to make arrangements since it is so last minute; NFL declines
-CK and reps ask NFL what NFL clubs have asked for the workout; NFL says they can't answer
-CK and reps ask NFL for a list of executives and coaches who will attend the workout to confirm the legitimacy; NFL has yet to provide

The NFL gets everything they want here. Publicity about this workout in an effort to feign fairness to CK and when no one bites the ability to say "see, it is based on ability." And, very disappointingly, persons are already in line to buy into the narrative. I will say again. I am ashamed that I still watch but I love the Saints so much.
My favorite part is when you asked him if he had evidence

He doesn't want to do the job he can get.

How do you know? What is your factual basis for saying this? Again, something being asserted that runs contrary to reports.

“One of the things that Nessa Diab told me last week when she and I met, she said, ‘Colin Kaepernick trains five days a week, every day, all five days, at 5 a.m.,'” Smith said. “‘Working out a minimum of three hours a day, if not longer. He’s ready to go. He wants to be back in the NFL and it doesn’t have to be as a starting quarterback. It could be as a backup quarterback.'”

That is from a report in September of this year. I haven't heard anything from CK or his camp that he won't be a backup. Can you provide something to change my mind or that I am not aware of? Certainly, I am sure he feels he can be a starter, has the talent to be one and would probably want to be one and wouldn't turn down the opportunity but this notion that he won't take a backup job seems to be more conjecture and assumptions.

How do you know? What is your factual basis for saying this? Again, something being asserted that runs contrary to reports.
My speculation. I'm not under oath, this is not a court of law, and I am free to offer my opinion. I FEEL that was his mindset at one time. Maybe it never was or is no longer.

But you can't force a team to sign him or the NFL would to get themselves off the hook. This stunt is stupid. It's impotent.

I guess I also don't believe that IF a team had wanted him they wouldn't have signed him.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom