Looks like Kaepernick going to Atlanta for tryout...Not just for Atlanta (2 Viewers)

He doesn't want to do the job he can get.
Some backup jobs have no real shot at moving up. I am sure he would take a shot as a backup to a non franchise guy.

We will see if he gets anybody at his workout.

I don't expect him to sign.

My speculation. I'm not under oath, this is not a court of law, and I am free to offer my opinion. I FEEL that was his mindset at one time. Maybe it never was or is no longer.

But you can't force a team to sign him or the NFL would to get themselves off the hook. This stunt is stupid. It's impotent.

I guess I also don't believe that IF a team had wanted him they wouldn't have signed him.

*Madmarsha hates kids with cancer.

I, mean, I'm not under oath. That's my speculation. I'm free to offer my opinion. I FEEL like the bald heads of the cancerous kids makes you sick. Maybe that's your mindset or it never was. Or it was at one time and it isn't any longer.

You illustrate my point perfectly. First of all, of course you are free to offer your speculation, opinion, feelings or thoughts. I never said you couldn't. What you aren't free to do is pass that off as fact. Which is what you were doing. By making a statement and not qualifying it as speculation. I'm also free to point out that your speculation is not only baseless, its false. His girlfriend, less than 2 months ago, is on record as stating he would accept a backup job.

I'm free to offer my speculation that you hate kids with cancer. Without proof of that, or in the face of something contrary, why offer it? Its inflammatory. Its purposefully misleading. Its baseless. You lose credibility opining on a subject when you make baseless claims, even if it's your opinion. Perhaps you don't care. I do. We are both free to do what we want.

*For the record, I don't believe you hate kids with cancer.

I understand he sued the NFL, but has the NFL actively stopped any team from signing him? Were there sanctions or suspensions that would have actively kept him from playing?

So the NFL is actively out to get the Saints, but not actively out to blackball Kaepernick.

Yeah, that adds up.

No man that is a blessing. Read his work it is an absolute riot.

He is hands down the most conservative African American ever and it is not even close.

Racial profile sure it is good!

He is Chappelle doing Clayton bigsby with vision, a Harvard degree and no n bombs.

He is very smart yet everything he writes seems to just be missing the hoods a burning crosses.

It is just crazy oh and he was a Marxist till he was about 30.

Read his stuff it is a riot.

I'm free to offer my speculation that you hate kids with cancer. Without proof of that, or in the face of something contrary, why offer it? Its inflammatory. Its purposefully misleading. Its baseless. You lose credibility opining on a subject when you make baseless claims, even if it's your opinion. Perhaps you don't care. I do. We are both free to do what we want.

Why offer it? Well, because that's a large part of what we do here. And my credibility? I mean, I do "care" but it's also a matter of perspective ... on an internet message board ... where we're "hiding" behind avatars and screen names.

1573697963667.png

No man that is a blessing. Read his work it is an absolute riot.

He is hands down the most conservative African American ever and it is not even close.

Racial profile sure it is good!

He is Chappelle doing Clayton bigsby with vision, a Harvard degree and no n bombs.

He is very smart yet everything he writes seems to just be missing the hoods a burning crosses.

It is just crazy oh and he was a Marxist till he was about 30.

Read his stuff it is a riot.

Oh, I know who he is. When I was in college and a staunch Republican, I used to watch Firing Line. Sowell was a regular. Even then, when he started dropping his "pearls of wisdom", I remember telling myself "this guy doesn't know he's black". :hihi:

It’s a bit odd for the NFL to set this up, and with such short notice at that. Part of me wonders if this is related to the settlement - like the NFL has to show Kap isn’t blackballed.

It’s a bit odd for the NFL to set this up, and with such short notice at that. Part of me wonders if this is related to the settlement - like the NFL has to show Kap isn’t blackballed.

I'm finding it odd too... I have a feeling that He will get picked up by a team... And then he doesn't Kneel claiming that the League is making the right Strides. etc... This apeases those that are upset he was blackballed and also appeases those that were upset the protest to begin with and the NFL comes out as the winner.

Why offer it? Well, because that's a large part of what we do here. And my credibility? I mean, I do "care" but it's also a matter of perspective ... on an internet message board ... where we're "hiding" behind avatars and screen names.

1573697963667.png

I would like to think that "what we do here" is offer our speculation, opinion and feelings within reason and based on the facts. When warranted. Obviously a thread on bathroom etiquette will be all opinion and lighthearted. Perspective isn't the problem. Part of the reason CK continues to be a story, and a divisive one, is because persons would rather take liberties with his motives and intentions based on their feelings and speculation instead of actually listening to what he says. You offered your opinion. Cool. It was wrong. Cool. I pointed it out. Cool. The meme is funny but I would like to believe that if everyone didn't care because "we are anonymous on the internet hiding" then the place would become less fun to post in. I mean, I'd rather the SSF not be littered with posts about how Drew Brees isn't a first ballot HoF'er or Michael Thomas is still going to be a bust or Gayle Benson secretly hates black people. Those are all opinions and speculation and would get shot down pretty quickly from other posters. Are they triggered about someone being wrong on the internet? Or are they pushing back on stuff that is easily proven to be false?

I would like to think that "what we do here" is offer our speculation, opinion and feelings within reason and based on the facts. When warranted. Obviously a thread on bathroom etiquette will be all opinion and lighthearted. Perspective isn't the problem. Part of the reason CK continues to be a story, and a divisive one, is because persons would rather take liberties with his motives and intentions based on their feelings and speculation instead of actually listening to what he says. You offered your opinion. Cool. It was wrong. Cool. I pointed it out. Cool. The meme is funny but I would like to believe that if everyone didn't care because "we are anonymous on the internet hiding" then the place would become less fun to post in. I mean, I'd rather the SSF not be littered with posts about how Drew Brees isn't a first ballot HoF'er or Michael Thomas is still going to be a bust or Gayle Benson secretly hates black people. Those are all opinions and speculation and would get shot down pretty quickly from other posters. Are they triggered about someone being wrong on the internet? Or are they pushing back on stuff that is easily proven to be false?
One of us is overthinking this.

*Madmarsha hates kids with cancer.

I, mean, I'm not under oath. That's my speculation. I'm free to offer my opinion. I FEEL like the bald heads of the cancerous kids makes you sick. Maybe that's your mindset or it never was. Or it was at one time and it isn't any longer.

You illustrate my point perfectly. First of all, of course you are free to offer your speculation, opinion, feelings or thoughts. I never said you couldn't. What you aren't free to do is pass that off as fact. Which is what you were doing. By making a statement and not qualifying it as speculation. I'm also free to point out that your speculation is not only baseless, its false. His girlfriend, less than 2 months ago, is on record as stating he would accept a backup job.

Have to say I'm deeply shaken by this. I've always thought of MadMarsha as the perfect embodiment of everything to love about life. This revelation about her views on cancer patients, well, let's just say...I'm very shocked.

One of us is overthinking this.

Right...Moving on.

"It's a sham, it's embarrassing and it's backfiring because it's not genuine on the league's part," an exec said. "They are checking a box. They call up Kaepernick on Tuesday and give him two hours to agree. That's really fair to the kid. And, by the way, 'We are running the workout, we are going to video it, we are going to do this."

Another exec said he thought the league was holding this workout for the wrong reasons, but he wasn't sure what wrong reasons might be in play.

"I still can't figure it out," a third exec said. "People are wondering why. It is like they have created a story out of nothing and it's a negative story. It puts teams in a tough position, it puts Kaepernick in a tough position, it has brought this issue to the forefront. It is like an unforced error unless it is related to the settlement in some way."

"I don't know how it got drummed up and I don't know why there is such a rush to make it this Saturday," an evaluator said. "It just seems weird it would be brought up this late. How do you spring a workout on a 32-year-old quarterback? What has he been doing and why would you wait? The whole thing seems fishy."

Execs who have been in contact with Kaepernick's representatives said those reps were also not sure what was going on. One exec thought there was a chance the workout would fall through.

"It's mind-boggling," this exec said.

So, even NFL personnel seems to be confused by the league's actions, to the point, that some of them even consider this to be a sham on the NFL's part. The league does appear to be acting in bad faith here and it disappointing that, once again, most of the commentary surrounding this is about Kaepernick and his perceived actions or desires but very little opining about the league. Which is doubly disappointing as Saints fans because we know how shady the league can be.

]

While I am sure the $1 million was needed... Too bad it only came into play after the shirt hit the fan and Kap. was under a ton of heat...
Unlike Thomas Morestead today.

Any more money raised, camps started, community programs by kap? Nope... but NFL tryout.. yup...

Not that this is worth it, but it is well documented how much time and money he gives to people and charities. That is also something he did well before any kneeling.

But you don’t care.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom