Looks Like Revis Island Is Going To Tampa Bay (1 Viewer)

One of the best, if not the best, CB in the game is going to the Bucs. Yuck, I do not like that! I wonder what they are giving up to get the trade done?

I'm sorry but I don't really see how any of you can be happy about this. And if you are, then I hope you weren't one of the people on the Revis to NOLA rumor thread hoping it happens.

Unless they agree on a long term deal along with the trade I doubt it's more than a 1 year rental. Revis has a no Franchise tag clause in his current contract and only 1 year left. Even if they agreed on a new deal given his history he'll hold out after next year and force a trade or release.

I'm sorry but I don't really see how any of you can be happy about this. And if you are, then I hope you weren't one of the people on the Revis to NOLA rumor thread hoping it happens.

Not happy but he just had a season ending knee injury and he is not Adrian Peterson. If he ends up in Tampa it is not like we don't have many targets other than who Revis would cover to throw too. Plus I believe Drew handled him when we played against the Jets.

I was pretty real about the whole day. I was not expecting any signings today...no big names and really still don't. Not much money to play with under the cap and we will probably wait a few days before we sign anyone.

I would have been very surprised if we did sign a big name today.

I love you all. You're funny as heck. We own this division. Loomis/Payton/Brees era has been rebooted. Remember how much we loved Jack Nicholson until we saw Heath Ledger?

Here... we... go.

Saints suck because we didn't sign anyone. Bucs are the champs because they got goldson and maybe revis. You want to know why Bucs can do this? They've sucked for the past few years and purged all their big contracts. You want us to do the same? Go back to being 3-13 or 4-12? I swear some on here are ridiculous with all the criticism being thrown at the team.

Honestly, "on paper" its a big deal. In reality, he still has to go out there and make plays. Cred only gets you so far. I mean how dope was Namdi when he first went to Phillie?

Plus I believe Drew handled him when we played against the Jets.

Nope. Brees had 190 yards and 0 TDs vs. the Jets (we won dueto 2 defensive TDs). The top 2 in yardage were PT and Shockey. Colston had 2 catches on 6 targets.

I don't think 2013 Revis is as good as 2009 Revis, but Brees definitely struggled that day as far as making plays. He didn't make any mistakes though.

Nope. Brees had 190 yards and 0 TDs vs. the Jets (we won dueto 2 defensive TDs). The top 2 in yardage were PT and Shockey. Colston had 2 catches on 6 targets.

I don't think 2013 Revis is as good as 2009 Revis, but Brees definitely struggled that day as far as making plays. He didn't make any mistakes though.

Bingo....Revis zero Ints means Drew handled Revis well. Just because Revis is on the field does not mean we have to pass on him a "shutdown" corner only works when you don't have multiple weapons to throw to.....the plethora of WR's , TE's, and RB's give Drew a lot of options.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom