Looks like Saints fans took over Levi's Stadium today! (1 Viewer)

I was in 128, I'm happy to say all the 49ers fans I encountered were great. Also got to see this guy too, great surprise.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161107-000622.jpg
    Screenshot_20161107-000622.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 29
I was in 128, I'm happy to say all the 49ers fans I encountered were great. Also got to see this guy too, great surprise.

Pretty cool that he was roaming the stands. I'll never forget how rudely they(49ers fans) treated Saints fans during the Playoffs. 49ers fans are bandwagon fans much like Panthers &Falcons fans.

i think that a lot of seats open up in any stadium when your record is so incredibly poor...

That, the owner, general manager, and coach are incredibly unpopular. Not to mention, the stadium may be new, but it doesn't compare to Candlestick.

Yesterday, like the majority of Saints fans, I was watching on TV. However, I noticed when the refs made a bad call (or no-call) against the Saints, the booing was LOUD, as if it were a home game for us. Same thing when Kuhn got the ball -- Saints fans were extremely loud. It was awesome.

On a side note, I was at a Monday night game at Candlestick a few years ago. We had no issues from 49ers fans. They were all too busy fighting amongst themselves. It was strange, to say the least.

It was loud during the game, pro Saints loud. There was absolutely a Who Dat chant in the 4th quarter, it started in the corner end zone to the right of the Saints bench. I know that is where it started, because I was nearby...

The Niner "fans", at least the few who were left, looked kind of ticked off and started to boo during the chant, but there were so many Saints fans that the Who Dat chant drowned out the boos.

Overall the tailgating and fans were great before the game. So many Saints fans in attendance, and the vast majority that I spoke to were not living in Louisiana now. Many transplants and also many current and retired military Saints fans in attendance.

I would estimate the Saints fans at the game at over 5,000.

So nice to beat the Niners. I have a passionate hatred for that team.

Was coming here to see pics of batgirl and spiderwoman.

I've got a pic somewhere of a Niners super fan in our car after a saints win. It's the guy with the dunce cap and the banjo. He begged us for a ride after the game. We gave it to him in exchange for a song....He cringed but obliged us with When the saints come marching in. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Went to the game with my Fiancee, and friends. It was a great experience! We rent a 15-seater van and partied from Bayview to the Levi's Stadium parking lot! We got there about 10AM and started cracking some beers and fired up the grill (brats and burgers, naturally)

Tailgated with our group (which was about 3 saints fans, and 12 Niners fans) and I walked around meeting fans of both teams. Shared some stories and tossed the football around (my throw was better than I was expecting LOL)

Had a great pre game party and then walked up to our seats, section 109, row 32. Great view on the Saints side, corner near the red/endzone area. My 9er friends kept rubbing every first down in our face, but I focused on the bigger plays. Mike Thomas' TDs were awesome, and seeing Ingram break off that huge run was liberating! All in all a great win!

After the game, we got a Who Dat chant started in the hall/concessions bathroom area and carried it all the way out of the stadium, it was awesome! haha. Finally got our revenge for that 2011 playoff game. Some jerk was like "I'd rather be daed in Cali, than alive in New Orleans! I hope Katrina happens again!" All I said was "Hold this L"

Next time, I'll be travelling to the Dome for a game :)

Attachments

• DSC_0369.jpg
    DSC_0369.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 6
  • Attach15304_20161106_171111.jpg
    Attach15304_20161106_171111.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0371.jpg
    DSC_0371.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20161106_161328.jpg
    IMG_20161106_161328.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
That new stadium is a world away from the old one. If Candlestick was sourdough the new stadium is white bread.

Went with my wife yesterday. We had a great time. The 9ers fans weren't awful, just visibly upset that we showed up with such gusto. Only issue I saw in my section (110) was a 9ers fan made a racist comment and got thrown out when everyone in the section, even 9ers fans pointed him out to the authorities. Had a great time, it's a beautiful stadium and our vocal fans, made it that much sweeter. Many Saints players noticed and pointed the fans out. It was great.

The thing that really stood out for me about yesterday's game wasn't so much about the empty seats, but the number of fans outside once the game had started.

I had planned to be there for the opening kick-off - I didn't spend nine hours of flying to miss any action - but it took much longer to get to the stadium via public transit from downtown San Francisco.

Having said that, a LOT of 49er fans were still filing in when I arrived, and for a while after... I've never experienced anything like that for a major North American sporting event/concert.

I was there yesterday.

1) My family and I were actually a little nervous to wear our Saints gear due to some of our experiences at Candlestick (glad that dump is blown up). When we pulled into the parking area, our fears were gone since there were SO MANY Saints fans. We knew we would have safety in numbers. Definitely a more docile crowd at Levi's than at Candlestick. Not sure that's because of the new facility or because their record is so bad.

2) No hyperbole here: I would estimate that 20% of the stadium was empty.

3) No hyperbole again: I would say that at least 30% of the crowd were Saints fans

4) My wife and I attended a company holiday event last year held at Levi's Stadium. The company rented out the entire Club Section (the high rise building part of the stadium). As part of the event, we were given a tour of the stadium, including the visitors locker room, the field, etc. As the tour giver (the actual head of facilities had our particular tour group) was explaining the stadium, and in particular the financing of the stadium, he made it VERY clear that the 49ers do not own the stadium, that it belongs to the City of Santa Clara, and that the 49ers are merely "renting" it. And boy was it apparent yesterday. Except for the logos on the grass, whatever computer graphic was on the signage, and the 49er entrance to the field, there were no other permanent indications of the home team anywhere. My 49er fan buddy even said something to the effect that it felt "sterile". I told him my observation, and he said that definitely looks like the case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom