Looks like the Saints [could lose] Taysom. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The conventional wisdom says Teddy will be offered Mid QB dollars which puts him outside our cap space.

Now a little birdie in Idaho tells me that Taysom's agent has solid nods from two mid and late draft teams who are ready to offer Taysom a number with 8 digits and give up a second round pick. If it's a 1st round pick the offers fall to 7-8 million and one or both may back way.

I'm guessing that in either scenario the Saints will have to fold and toss in their hand. I'm no expert on how you fudge the cap space but I had the impression that the Saints are hoping to sign Taysom for something under 6 million. Much more than that puts him out of reach especially with a draft pick in the bargain.

The only hope, I'm afraid, is a longer term extension with a huge escalation guaranteed in one to two years and some solid assurance that he is being groomed to take over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I truly hope they don’t lose him. However, it’s a business for both the Saints FO and Taysom. Taysom needs to bet on himself and the FO has to do they best they can with the CAP.

My second job was actually in Pocatello where he went to HS. Wonder if we may know some of the same birdies, haha.

Anyway, what we get in return for Taysom is solely dependent on the tender we put on him. I’d be shocked if it’s not a 1.

I doubt it, but hey we'll see. He hasn't even tendered officially yet.

It really doesn’t matter what the agent says or wants at this point. The Saints will make him an offer and then decide on what to tag to place on him. The Saints will place a first round on him if it means they can get a lower contract on him from what you propose.
their not losing Taysom for a second round pick!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom