Looks like the Saints [could lose] Taysom. (1 Viewer)

Everyone making the point about Hill's value at TE or WR isn't taking into account that the guy doesn't want to be a specialty player. He wants to be a QB and will go to the team that sees him in that role.

Everyone making the point about Hill's value at TE or WR isn't taking into account that the guy doesn't want to be a specialty player. He wants to be a QB and will go to the team that sees him in that role.

Indeed. Whether there would be interest in him from other teams as a starting QB is an open question though. I'm not seeing a team out there forking over $20 million just to see if he's the starting QB they need. Lot of risk for a lot of money at the most important position.

Not only that, if the Saints do the first round tender, the team wanting Taysom will have to give up their draft pick as well. I'd be very surprised if another team takes on that kind of risk.

That’s the thing he did this gadget thing as a temporary thing he wants to be a quarterback

What he wants and what he gets are two different things. We've all seen the "I see myself as a QB" quotes but right now his value has been as a joker/swiss knife. It's not a question with us because Drew is coming back but do you think there is a team out there that will offer him a starting QB spot now?

What he wants and what he gets are two different things. We've all seen the "I see myself as a QB" quotes but right now his value has been as a joker/swiss knife. It's not a question with us because Drew is coming back but do you think there is a team out there that will offer him a starting QB spot now?

I don't. And certainly not for the salary of a typical NFL starting QB. That, and there are a lot of QBs looking for work this offseason.

If we are judging him strictly as a QB which he wants to be, hard pass for me. Let him go. If he will continue in his current role, keep him.

Regarding Taysom Hill@QB ....Payton, Brees and co. have seen a lot more than anyone on this board, and all I've heard from them is good things.so I'll trust that
Me too. And I think if he signs a long term deal with the Saints, there will be a Drew Brees clause. Something like this: You get paid $4.5M/year and continue at the swiss army knife role until Drew retires and then your salary goes up to $XM/year as a QB.

Also, RIP Mental Floss. You're Taysom enthusiasm and not posting in any thread that wasn't about Taysom was admirable. Creating multiple accounts probably wasn't the smartest idea on top of whatever got you banned (if it wasn't that).

Me too. And I think if he signs a long term deal with the Saints, there will be a Drew Brees clause. Something like this: You get paid $4.5M/year and continue at the swiss army knife role until Drew retires and then your salary goes up to $XM/year as a QB.
Even though I'm not convinced on his full time ability, this going to be a difficult contract because of the unknowns involved. Specifically, Drew's retirement, whether he can be a full-time qb, and the probality that we take a a QB early in the next two years. All these fators impacts the contract he gets. I think it will be a 2-3 year deal with incentives if he takes more snaps at QB. If he's not up to task or you find another guy, you're not locked in long term.

Good thing he's been so unproductive.
He's scored more than Julio Jones, Jarvis Landry, Breshaud Perriman, Julian Edelman, Adam Thielen, Golden Tate, Odell Beckham Jr, Sammy Watkins, Emmanuel Sanders & many more EXTREMELY WELL PAID receivers.
Some of these guys are on the "wish list" of many here.
What a dumb take.

What a dumb take.
Really?
For a part time everything player, he scored more than most of the high end $WR (many that posters here would like to get in the offseason). So scoring w/a cheaper contract that gets the MOST versatile player in the NFL, is DUMB?!
I see where the "dumb take" comes from. Incredible insight, thanx for playing.

Really?
For a part time everything player, he scored more than most of the high end $WR (many that posters here would like to get in the offseason). So scoring w/a cheaper contract that gets the MOST versatile player in the NFL, is DUMB?!
Haha MLU doesn't sit on the fence much.

Two pages ago he was demanding the team be disbanded and the Superdome razed to the ground if the team didn't do what we wanted, he's a passionate one ?

Really?

You speak as I'd Taysom was catching 50-70 passes as year.. .he scored as the third of fourth option on a route he's not going againat opposing team #1 or#2 or #3 cornerbacks on a game to game basis.. he's lining up as a back or third tightens and running seam routes.

Leta not hype Hill up to much because if and when he becomes a primary weapon whether that be at QB or WE/TE that's a totally different ball game.

Nope just talking about TOUCHDOWNS!
Something he's produced @ an exponentially higher rate than anybody else in the NFL.
He has 1 of the highest touch to touchdown rates in the league, @ a ridiculously low cost(to this point).
Those aren't projections just the actual statistics.
Does the W/L column reflect what position he played? How about the # of plays he was on the field? Maybe the amount of touches?
None of that matters; he scores OFTEN & raises the excitement/entertainment level of the game!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom