Looks like the Saints [could lose] Taysom. (1 Viewer)

Taysom may be thirty years in age but he is a kid at heart that loves the game wholeheartedly. If you don't believe in Taysom Hill's value to this team
just go to youtube and watch whodatforlife's highlight vid on TH. For three years defensive coordinators still can't stop him. TH has heart hope he
stays a Saint for life.
No one hates Taysom. He seems like a nice young man ( 30 is not a kid), and he is an important part of the team.
The debate centers on his current role as a joker or Swiss army type player or potential ability as a full time QB.

Seems like a good business move by the Saints...picked him up in waiver wire and possibly hot a 2bd round pick for him, I'd say that's a win for Payton and the Saints.

Hill is not the straw that stirs this Saints Team it's been Payton and Brees do losing Hill doesn't hurt the Saints who honestly just need more talent at TE and WR which is why Hill was seeing the field in the first place.

Our QB of the future is Utah States Jordan Love

I’ll gladly take a 1st / 2nd for Taysom.

I’m also one of the few that doesn’t believe Taysom is the future at QB. He’s a better HB / WR / TE IMO
I think Taysom could be a short-term fix, but then Drew is back for one more year, which will make Taysom yet another year older next fall. Yeah, if the Saints could get a 1st rounder for him I'd go for it.

Not sure who the OP is but I have been told by a source that what was posted is not true. Taysoms agent can’t talk with other teams until mid March. My source is directly linked to Taysom and he said Taysom thinks he will be back with the Saints next year but nobody knows at this point

I think Taysom could be a short-term fix, but then Drew is back for one more year, which will make Taysom yet another year older next fall. Yeah, if the Saints could get a 1st rounder for him I'd go for it.

Taysom Hill could be an excellent short-term/bridge QB after Brees retires. I believe that is completely due to his age and his style of play.

Once Brees hangs’em up, Taysom Hill would/could/should be the QB for about 2 seasons... while the Saints fully groom a young drafted QB to be the long-term QB. Hill is good enough to potentially get the Saints to the playoffs as the “bridge QB”... if Hill completely blows up and stays healthy as the full-time QB, then the Saints might be able to trade him for value when his next contract is close to expiring.

I'll happily take a 1st round draft choice in exchange for Hill.

How could anyone give a clown rating for this response?

A 1st rounder in exchange for a soon to be 30 year old would be GOLDEN if that happened. I'd hate to lose Taysom but a high draft pick could do wonders for a team on either side of the ball.

A 1st rounder in exchange for a soon to be 30 year old would be GOLDEN if that happened. I'd hate to lose Taysom but a high draft pick could do wonders for a team on either side of the ball.

The issue here is that guys like Stephone Anthony, Laquan Treadwell, etc... are all over the place. Taysom Hill has proven himself as a player that can make plays in the NFL... that is huge.
Any draft pick has the potential to be a complete waste (Blair Thomas, Kijana Carter....).

really? This 1st rounder gonna be more productive than Taysom? It’s possible but highly unlikely considering Taysoms reps will probably go way up next year at TE which means more TD’s.

This is so true...
The Saints may be able to draft a stud that can run a QB option for 30 yards for a touchdown, while possessing the arm to complete 50 yard bombs, or maybe a player that can block multiple punts...all in crucial situations, or maybe a receiver that can give the team 6 or 7 touchdown catches a season, while also being able to run the ball out of the backfield for a couple more TDs.
It may take a high number one to get a player like that though...no pick is a sure thing.

Honestly I would take a first for him if given. Taysom is a good football player but as a full time quarterback, I really have to reserve judgement. I just know playing the way he plays will not allow him to have a long career. He is 30 years old. He has been taking and give hits. Aside from a few passes here and there, I have yet to see him run a full drive in the regular season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom