Looks like the Saints [could lose] Taysom. (1 Viewer)

So true. Drew was a 2nd rounder (the bottom of it). Brady was a 6th. You just never know.

But I know Taysom can play.
Brees was the first pick of the second round. The Chargers picked Tomlinson in the first and Brees in the second. Not bad to pick two hall of famers in the same draft.

I gather that if they have to give up a 1st instead of a 2nd they lower the contract offer to compensate? At least that is my guess.
But thats now how it works because TH is a restricted FA. It will be up to what the Saints tender him at. If it is a 1st round tender, than whomever offers a contract to TH, the Saints have a right to match or decline. If the Saints decline, then that team has to give the Saints a 1st round pick. The Saints are in position to dictate the terms on this, not the other team whomever that is.

I don't think he's going anywhere but this also has to do with Drew and the transition plan.

I'll just say he violated the website's Terms of Service. :9:
Post 35 of this thread have anything to do with it? Seems he and bigmike36363 or whatever who both claim to be in Texas got the ban hammer around the same time. (Although bigmike36363 claimed to live in "Texad" lol)

I don't want to lose Taysom either, but if you can get an extra 1st round pick, take it. You can do a lot with 2 first round picks. I would only let him go for a first rounder. Anything less, then work to keep him.

This one time....at banned camp.....

Agents never, ever lie. Especially before free agency starts. Of course Taysom’s agent is trying to drum up interest and make it seem as though his client is a hot property. It’s his job. I do expect a few teams to kick Hills tires especially if the Saints put a second round tender on him.

A first round tender? I think Loomis and Payton are hoping someone does make him an offer. Armed with two first round picks the team would legitimately be in the Burrow sweepstakes. I think a lot of Payton’s “I see him as our starter in the future” talk is pumping up his worth in the hope of some team giving up a first round pick. And this is by no means saying the doesn’t value Taysom or doesn’t believe he can QB the team. It’s just saying if they lose him a first round pick would be a decent consolation prize.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom