Looks like they've given up.. (1 Viewer)

Maybe I should clarify.. I guess it just stinks to see the team this depleted, and no cohesion with so many backups playing. The defense made plays, but even they looked a step slower all game.

No energy on defense? They were the only reason we had absolutely ANY chance of staying in this game. But there comes a point where they realize it's pointless cause we have a nonexistent offense so why fight the way they do when the offense can't produce?
The lack of tackling in the run game was noticeable. Lattimore looked horrible in coverage. Don't get me wrong.. we lost because the offense is atrocious, but the defense finally gave up.

I honestly can’t remember the last time the Saints have fielded a less talented offense. It has to be the 80s-90s.
I actually don't believe I have ever, since 1967, seen a more inept offense. Clearly there are reasons with all the injuries, but that too is an area where I have never seen this many key injuries (quantity and quality of those lost). It is what it is and I just don't see any solutions upcoming over the next 6 games. My guess is we win 2 of those to finish 7 - 10 and get a top 12 selection next year!

The D gave us a chance in the 1st half but this offense is not really a capable NFL offense with the personnel we have right now....

I turned it off when it was 10-0… McLovin has become a complete joke at QB, and with the injuries, it’s just not worth watching.

Trevor Siemian - 7th round
Tony Jones, Jr - undrafted
Deonte Harris - undrafted
Marquez Callaway - undrafted
Alex Armah - 6th round pick
Calvin Throckmorton - undrafted
James Hurst - undrafted

Seven out our eleven starters last night. And when they went three wides they subbed out the 6th round FB for another undrafted WR (Humphrey). You can’t win with practice squad level talent.

I honestly can’t remember the last time the Saints have fielded a less talented offense. It has to be the 80s-90s.
1971-74 is certainly the rock-bottom of our offensive talent days.

In 1973 (29 catches) and 1974 (27 catches, clearly he was a declining player), our leading WR was Bob Newland. For those of you unfamiliar with Bob, here are his career stats:

You will note that after the 1974 season, he never played again.

In 1972 our leading rusher was Bob Gresham, who in is career averaged 19 yards....a game.

In 1971 our leading rusher was Jim Strong, who had 527 rushing yards...in his career.

In 1974, Alvin Maxon, who after he left the Saints in 1976, had 65 yards rushing for the rest of his career.

Not only were these guys terrible with us, when they left us, they left the NFL completely. It's not like "oh they're decent players it's the surrounding cast...." No, these guys were completely that limited on their own.

And they were the best players we had available.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom