Loomis: Goal remains to win now and compete for a championship (1 Viewer)

In my DREAM world, we keep Trey and Kwon and find a way to sign DeShaun Watson. Listen folks, if we have THIS defense and DeShaun Watson we WILL win 2-3 titles. We would be the Patriots of old, OWNING the NFCS for years and again throwing in some Lombardi's. I CAN'T be the only one who sees this. DeShaun Watson, AK, MT, Emmanuel Sanders and even Trautman at TE, would open up the ENTIRE field. DW is accurate with a deep ball and can scramble like crazy!

If I am incorrect in this, someone please let me know.

You're not wrong. There's no telling what SP could do with Watson in the mix. The problem is that if the Texans make it known that Watson is on the block I could see a bidding war the likes of which we have never seen. If teams are willing to use several high end picks to move up and take a QB prospect they hope is good, then what would they give up to get a young QB they know is great?

I haven't seen a QB in his prime traded like this. The closest thing I can think of would be Jay Cutler. The Bears traded two 1sts, a 3rd, and Kyle Orton in return for Cutler and a 5th. And Cutler wasn't coming off of 3 straight Pro Bowls and a season in which he led the league in passing.

Even if we could somehow win the bidding war then you have to factor in his contract. But yeah man, he'd be awesome to have.

I never thought a rebuild was on the table considering they just built the team up, only player we are losing is Brees everybody else just have contracts coming to an end (which happens every offseason for teams) I believe Loomis will keep Loomising and resign these core players to back loaded contracts with nice signing bonuses.

I never thought a rebuild was on the table considering they just built the team up, only player we are losing is Brees everybody else just have contracts coming to an end (which happens every offseason for teams) I believe Loomis will keep Loomising and resign these core players to back loaded contracts with nice signing bonuses.

We have a lot of maturing rookies who have contributed at low salaries. This allows you to fill in the blanks with solid veteran FA's. We're going to have turnover because you can't keep them all. This is why the draft is so important.

I am hoping for 9 -10 wins next year. The team will have around 20 new players from last years entire roster.

Not Loomis: we'll be in maximum rebuild this year, jettisoning players we think will not contribute or who eat up our severely limited cap space. The next year or so will be challenging, to say the least.

Of course they want to win now. No way he says anything else.

The 2nd tweet says pretty much what I have been saying for a few months. Teams don't know what next years cap will be and won't until they final numbers from the 2020 season are crunched by the jointly hired accounting firm and the League and Union go into negotiations based on the result reported. I am 90% sure they will agree to borrow from 1-3 years into the future caps in order the make the 2021 cap at least equal to the 2020 cap. At that point Loomis will execute his plan on who to release, restructure, and or trade to get them under the cap with enough space to draft and possibly sign a FA or 2.

In my DREAM world, we keep Trey and Kwon and find a way to sign DeShaun Watson. Listen folks, if we have THIS defense and DeShaun Watson we WILL win 2-3 titles. We would be the Patriots of old, OWNING the NFCS for years and again throwing in some Lombardi's. I CAN'T be the only one who sees this. DeShaun Watson, AK, MT, Emmanuel Sanders and even Trautman at TE, would open up the ENTIRE field. DW is accurate with a deep ball and can scramble like crazy!

If I am incorrect in this, someone please let me know.

Watson would be great, but yeah Dream scenario. We don't have the draft capital to make that happen, IMO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom