Loomis HIGH on Bullocks? and some other tidbits... (1 Viewer)

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Well Mickey was on WWL doing his "front office show"....and he said something interesting things.

- He's high on Bullocks.
- Surprise of the 07' season: slow start with poor showings.
- We will be active in free-agency.
- Skyler Green was always on the Saints radar. Seemed excited to have him signed.
- Took full blame for a lackluster off-season and wrong personnel signings.
-Believes that the past draft class, will have a big impact for our team in the future even though they didn't play much this year.
-Will try to fill needs in FA and go BPA in draft.
-Did not state if Payton had a 3 year contract or 4 year, when announced HC.
-Thinks the Seahawks are the darkhorse for the NFC playoffs.

and some other things like that. But what baffled me the most was the Bullocks comment. I have a big feeling he will be here next year. The guy is not a good FS, and most long plays against us this year, was because of HIM...I don't get Mickey's view on this. Hopefully he gets outplayed by KK/some other player this off-season.

But from the interview, he was very very tight-lipped as usual.

Does Bullocks play alot of ST?

Well Mickey was on WWL doing his "front office show"....and he said something interesting things.

- He's high on Bullocks.
- Skyler Green was always on the Saints radar. Seemed excited to have him signed.
-Believes that the past draft class, will have a big impact for our team in the future even though they didn't play much this year.

and some other things like that. But what baffled me the most was the Bullocks comment. I have a big feeling he will be here next year. The guy is not a good FS, and most long plays against us this year, was because of HIM...I don't get Mickey's view on this. Hopefully he gets outplayed by KK/some other player this off-season.

Guess this means Kenny Phillips isn't going to be drafted by us. As for the BPA it better be on defense because I will go nuts if we draft offense in the 1st round just because its BPA

- He's high on Bullocks.

What is it in the game film that these guys are looking at? I'd love to see it...

- He's high on Bullocks.

They aren't going to cut Bullocks, if that's what you were hoping for. He can be high on him all he wants. I don't equate that to Bullocks beting a starter for us next year.

I do like the idea of filling needs via Free agency. We are really on the brink right now and just need a few pieces on D. Briggs and Asomugha/DHall would be great acquisitions. BPA in the draft at #10 will almost certainly be a defensive player, so that works too.

Well there are two possible elements here.

First, we, as fans, have a horrible time judging defensive backs. We rarely get to see the entire defensive backfield in coverage, we have a hard time discerning what the coverage is supposed to be, and consquently it's difficult for us to determine if a DB had bad technique, ran his coverage right and it was someone elses fault, if it was just a bad defensive call, or if he just blew it. And it's even more difficult to judge safeties then it is to judge cornerbacks.

That said, obviously SOMETHING is wrong in the defensive backfield. Or some combination.

The second element maybe Loomis just wants someone, anyone, to buy into what he's saying and generate any kind of trade value for Josh Bullocks. Can we get a reverse Tebucky Jones going on here?

Or maybe Loomis is just stupid, but I really, really don't buy that.

Well once the offseason starts you can always take what Loomis says and do the opposite.

High on Bullocks = Thats a position we will definitely address

phillips = drafted

The second element maybe Loomis just wants someone, anyone, to buy into what he's saying and generate any kind of trade value for Josh Bullocks. Can we get a reverse Tebucky Jones going on here?

Or maybe Loomis is just stupid, but I really, really don't buy that.

:plus-un2: He is not stupid. I think i remember hearing the same thing about Stallworth after the 05 season.

Im glad we're going to be active again in FA

but the BPA thing scares me

we could take someone on Offense in the 1st round:covri:

Bullocks has at least a possibility of a light bulb going off and performing at a higher level. We're due for at least one or two guys having a bump in performance.

Not that there is a direct parallel because he had been in the league for years, but I remember when Jay Bellamy had a simply horrific year at Free Safety and then played lights out after moving back to Strong Safety.

I guess we'll see.

I totally believe the "BPA" statement....hopefully one of those good defensive players will be sitting there at #10.

Oh yeah, I just remembered....

Loomis also stated that the reason PT didn't play much earlier was cause he wasn't "ready". And he thinks that we may have found a diamond in the rough with Pierre.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom