Loomis holding up Payton trade per Pelissero + Payton says in next week we’ll know more EDIT: Payton to Denver talks regain momentum/starting page 20 (2 Viewers)

Edit: I wish we would switch back to a 3-4 defense. It might help our issues with mobile QBs. And the fact that DT is such a low priority position we would need fewer interior linemen.
The problem with a 3/4 defense anymore is the league has gone to such quick passing plays that the looping linebackers take too long to get to the QB. A DT needs 3 to 4 steps to begin to interfere with a QB. An edge rusher can take 3-4 times that long, and if both aren’t good it’s easy to roll the pocket to one side and negate that rusher.

Everyone get all misty eyed at the 3/4 with Jackson and Swilling off the edges, but forget that the lineman on that defense were no slouches either. I’d argue that Martin, Warren and Wilkes were better than anything talent wise we’ve had on this line besides Jordan for years.

Everyone get all misty eyed at the 3/4 with Jackson and Swilling off the edges, but forget that the lineman on that defense were no slouches either. I’d argue that Martin, Warren and Wilkes were better than anything talent wise we’ve had on this line besides Jordan for years.
I think if Wayne Martin had played with someone like the Cowboys/Giants/Steelers he would have gotten more exposure and be recognized for the great player he was.

Two things:

Regarding Harbaugh, it is clear to me who may have pushed to have him in Denver, and that is Condoleeza Rice who is a professor at Stanford where Harbaugh changed the culture of the football team.

And about Payton, Tuesday morning on GMFB, Peter Shraeger just said that Sean Payton is still very much in the hunt for a head coaching job, and will wait and see.

Shaeger works with Payton on Sundays, whatever he knows (true or not), is coming from Payton.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom