Loomis holding up Payton trade per Pelissero + Payton says in next week we’ll know more EDIT: Payton to Denver talks regain momentum/starting page 20 (1 Viewer)

I'm fairly sure they're just re-running last week's news items now.

Did something go wrong with the media's scheduled tweets?
The show happened this evening so it’s new info based on their replies.

I’m surprised Broncos stan reporter Ben Allbright isn’t saying anything about it as much as he’s been jocking Harbaugh while bashing Payton throughout this process

Broncos have no real candidates besides Sean. Cardinals have Flores if he’s interested. Flores really might enjoy being with Tomlin in a friendly environment in Pittsburgh and AZ has to fulfill the Rooney Rule. I also think that they want an offensive coach to work with Murray.

It still looks good for us. If Payton would take either role then we could get a good return.

Right, how does a 7-time division winning coach with a Super Bowl ring not impress a practically rookie ownership group? Allbright is something else.

But yet, he isn’t ruled out
Rookie ownership group says all that needs to be said. They’re reinventing the way a football team is managed to a more Walmart standard of paying less and expecting more, plus they want all the daily control. they should just say we want a cheap yes person hire at HC.

Rookie ownership group says all that needs to be said. They’re reinventing the way a football team is managed to a more Walmart standard of paying less and expecting more, plus they want all the daily control. they should just say we want a cheap yes person hire at HC.
They’re really gonna take a stable franchise for decades and run it into the ground.
Seems appropriate that Snyder is about to sell, that someone would take his place.

Why do these idiots in Arizona think that by interviewing more people the Saints will magically lower the price on picks? Morons don’t realize we can make his behind go back to TV and wait until next year if we choose. And the notion that waiting a year means lesser leverage is beyond me. In my opinion of let’s says the Rams or Chargers job opens next year which has been regarded as his preferred spot if anything Loomis can say ok you want a job in LA well Sean old buddy it’s going to cost ya. And if those teams next year balk at the price then his behind can go back behind a desk another year

I call bull on this. The parameters were already agreed to, so how could the Saints be the ones holding the deal up?
Yeah, I'm thinking it's as much counter-party issues as anything else. I suspect what happened was Loomis told teams wanting to interview Payton that the price would be X (i.e. 2 first rounders or whatever) and teams figured they could go ahead and interview and try to get the Saints to lower their ask after the interviews.

Why do these idiots in Arizona think that by interviewing more people the Saints will magically lower the price on picks? Morons don’t realize we can make his behind go back to TV and wait until next year if we choose. And the notion that waiting a year means lesser leverage is beyond me. In my opinion of let’s says the Rams or Chargers job opens next year which has been regarded as his preferred spot if anything Loomis can say ok you want a job in LA well Sean old buddy it’s going to cost ya. And if those teams next year balk at the price then his behind can go back behind a desk another year
Exactly. I don’t think the saints lose leverage at all if Payton has to wait another year. Either they pay for his rights or have to wait until he’s a FA and who knows how many teams will want him then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom