Loomis holding up Payton trade per Pelissero + Payton says in next week we’ll know more EDIT: Payton to Denver talks regain momentum/starting page 20 (1 Viewer)

He knows after the CJGJ trade and the draft day trade from last year, he can't afford to botch this (in the court of public opinion).
If he doesn’t have a better plan than capitulating to a bunch of us chuckleheads on a message board, we are truly ******

Payton can stay at Fox for 2 more years. You don’t quit on a team because you were burned out but 2 months later floating that you are interesting in coaching again and there is also the Miami’s situation. Hope Loomis stands his ground and hope Payton never finds another Brees and has the same winning record as DA for the rest of his coaching career.

So let me get this straight:

Teams agreed on parameters before they even interview. Now they’re mad that Loomis is asking for the same thing that Loomis asked for just to go through with the interview process?

Good for him. These “leaks” making Loomis look like the bad guy are only making Saints fans realize how strong he’s actually being.

Do you mean just this year?
Bc a 2nd rounder seems better than nothing
Sorry, I would rather he sit out the rest of his contract than settle on a second round pick. Let him stay at fox if he makes it there past next season. To me holding him out of coaching if worth losing a 2nd round on a trade.

Have we ever gotten clarity on if Sean’s contract tolls from year to year? It would seem to me that it would, but who knows.

What if the game being played here is Loomis has his price, knows Sean wants to coach, and is basically in “Coach here or nowhere” mode unless he gets the price he wants?

Sorry, I would rather he sit out the rest of his contract than settle on a second round pick. Let him stay at fox if he makes it there past next season. To me holding him out of coaching if worth losing a 2nd round on a trade.
I’m truly confused- how does that help us in any way?

Yeah I really don't have a problem with this. Especially if AZ thought they could go back on an agreement in principle to the required compensation and try and strong arm Loomis after Payton interviewed. At the end of the day AZ has to hire a head coach this year and if they want that HC to be Payton then negotiate within the parameters set out before the interview was granted. Seems simple.

I’m truly confused- how does that help us in any way?
At this point I don’t care whether it helps or doesn’t. I’d make the decision on principle, I’d rather him sit out vs getting lowballed and look like fools to the fan base and NFL for letting him off the hook for a second. Fulfill the contract or sit out.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom