Loomis holding up Payton trade per Pelissero + Payton says in next week we’ll know more EDIT: Payton to Denver talks regain momentum/starting page 20 (1 Viewer)

If we’re talking about Arizona, I don’t think there’s any world where Loomis is turning down the 3rd overall pick.

Triplett said his feeling from talking to people is that Loomis has something like a point value in mind.
This makes the most sense…

I still think there has to be something in the back of Paytons mind that wants to see if the Chiefs lose and what Andy Reid might be decide to do. Even if its a hail mary play to see what happens before committing to any team. It could be compensation holding it up between Loomis and x team, but I dont think Payton is going to press too hard at this point. This couldve been done for almost 2 weeks now, he might as well see what happens with KC at this point. Even if its a low % play, it appears he still has 2 teams to fall back on if KC wins or Reid keeps going. But I cant see the chiefs giving up much, or paying Payton nearly what other teams will, because the ace of spades in the league is Mahomes. He can win with a decent coach.

I just hope Loomis stick to his guns this offseason. Next offseason he can worry about settling for less if it comes to it.

Have we ever gotten clarity on if Sean’s contract tolls from year to year? It would seem to me that it would, but who knows.
Not sure if it is true but it would be good for the Saints if it is. Then it turns into the Barry Sanders situation.

The reality is that the last time a deal like this was done, it involved multiple 1st round picks. Everyone has been speculating that Loomis would not ask for something similar; decent compensation is a prerequisite for the deal.

It would be neat if the Saints recouped the 2023 1st and the 2024 2nd. To me, that's the floor. Payton is worth more than that.
Yeah, I tend to agree, but this is also why it's important for Loomis to start the negotiations with "multiple 1st rounders." If you start from that position and have to negotiate down, you might still get a 1st and a 2nd. If you start from a 1st and a 2nd, then teams try to haggle you down from that.

Yeah, I tend to agree, but this is also why it's important for Loomis to start the negotiations with "multiple 1st rounders." If you start from that position and have to negotiate down, you might still get a 1st and a 2nd. If you start from a 1st and a 2nd, then teams try to haggle you down from that.
Exactly.

Oh, the emotional rollercoaster... 🤣

First, it's 'Loomis better not be letting Sean go for cheap. Soft fool.'

Now it's, 'Loomis is demanding crazy way too much. Hardball fool.'

It's almost as if the only common denominator here is endlessly lambasting the organisation 🙄
I also can't help but wonder - are the people who think he's a fool if he plays hardball the same people who think he was a softie and caved when he took a 5th rounder and a 6th rounder for Chauncey (instead of letting him continue to "hold in" and leave as a FA) and view that trade as a disgrace.

FWIW, my stance on Chauncey was "we should've gotten a serviceable OL with the trade instead of 5th and 6th rounders, but people are deluding themselves if they think anyone would've given us a 1st-3rd for Chauncey based on the 1st 3 years of his career." My stance on Payton is "negotiations should start at multiple first rounders, but I'm willing to take one 1st rounder and another pick(s)"

gambler.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom