Loomis in the HC Search: More Important to Get It Right Than Do It Quick (1 Viewer)

Nobody deserves anything in this sport based on actually doing their job, that’s what they get paid to do. He’s a good DC and a failed HC. Nobody else in the league is looking to interview him for an HC job. That says a lot right there. The one team that actually scheduled a interview with his canceled it. Fresh faces, fresh ideas. Or do CSP light.
The Bears were looking to interview him until he cancelled. I think he cancelled, I don't remember.

We don't know if Allen can lead a team and just because you are a good coordinator does not mean you can handle running the whole operation like an HC needs to.
We don't have a good idea whether or not Allen can lead a team, because we haven't been working with him daily for several years. Loomis has been and I'm certain that Loomis has a really good idea of whether or not Allen can lead a team.

I don't think Loomis would consider Allen at all if he didn't think Allen can lead a team.

We don't have a good idea whether or not Allen can lead a team, because we haven't been working with him daily for several years. Loomis has been and I'm certain that Loomis has a really good idea of whether or not Allen can lead a team.

I don't think Loomis would consider Allen at all if he didn't think Allen can lead a team.
We don't know and all we know is that he failed at his last chance. It's Loomis's call but we don't know how any of these candidates will handle adversity like a losing steak, losing a starting QB, etc.

We don't know and all we know is that he failed at his last chance. It's Loomis's call but we don't know how any of these candidates will handle adversity like a losing steak, losing a starting QB, etc.
Again, it's not saying much to say he didn't do well there when no one else had in recent memory. He never had much to work with, so, imo, at worst, it should be graded as incomplete.

Yes, WE don't know. WE are not Loomis. Loomis knows whether or not Allen can lead a team.

Loomis would not be considering Allen if he thought Allen can not lead the team and handle adversity.

You keep implying that Loomis is only considering Allen for the sake of continuity and nothing else.

Loomis would not do that. He's considering Allen, because based on several years of working with him he believes that Allen is capable of leading a team and handling adversity.

Love this mindset approach. Just like in free agency, dont chase after big names. Because 80% of the time, they never work out. Remember, Sean Payton wasnt really a big name until after the 2009 season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom