Loomis isn't making it happen. (1 Viewer)

dajmno

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
In reading the threads/posts the last week or so and I have felt the tide is turning and fans are not all that high on Loomis anymore.

I think a lot of fans are starting to analyze the last few off-seasons and drafts under a microscope and they don't like what they are seeing. We'll see what he makes out of this year's draft and FA. Lost in all the blind praise, is that under Loomis (whether directly his call or not) the Saints have drafted and signed (FAs)certifiable BUSTS. Not only that, but the trades have been horrendous - that was the best we could get for Reggie Bush?

Letting go of Fujita

Drafting a single faceted WR in 2007 in 1st round?
Sed Ellis
Ingram

Just because you drafted Colston and Graham doesn't make everything else okay.

For once, can we draft a 1st rounder that actually has an impact.

Our safeties have cost us playoff wins the last two post-seasons; and what's the answer? Nothing.

The infalliable Loomis days are over. Queue Bobby Hebert......

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In reading the threads/posts the last week or so and I have felt the tide is turning and fans are not all that high on Loomis anymore.

I think you are wrong, it's easy to throw someone under the bus on a forum, but if Loomis had your crystal ball he might be perfect.

st.randy

otis
Reaction score

I think a lot of fans are starting to analyze the last few off-seasons and drafts under a microscope and they don't like what they are seeing. We'll see what he makes out of this year's draft and FA. Lost in all the blind praise, is that under Loomis (whether directly his call or not) the Saints have drafted and signed (FAs)certifiable BUSTS. Not only that, but the trades have been horrendous - that was the best we could get for Reggie Bush?

Letting go of Fujita

Sed Ellis
Ingram

Our safeties have cost us playoff wins the last two post-seasons; and what's the answer? Nothing.

So...... the Superbowl? Did he build that roster? If you focus only on what didn't' work (BTW Reggie Ellis and Meachem all contributed to the Superbowl run) you won't like Loomis. If you over emphasize the draft because it's april, you won't like Loomis. If you appreciate team success in multiple consecutive seasons and your team being an annual contender........ you can appreciate Loomis.

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

Letting go of Fujita

Sed Ellis
Ingram

Yeah since Loomis arrived here he's done nothing but help us win a Superbowl among 3 winning seasons in succession after hiring a genius head coach. Let's lynch the guy!
:jpshakehead:

Lurkaholic

Banned
Reaction score
Ridiculous post is ridiculous. All Loomis does is juggle the salary cap. He has shown himself to easily be one of the best in the business at that.

Sun Wukong

Worlds Deadliest Fighting Arts Champion and Master
Reaction score

Letting go of Fujita

Sed Ellis
Ingram

How do people STILL not understand that Mickey Loomis is strictly a cap guy? His job is to make the money work. Payton and co call the shots on draft pics/free agents. If you're going to talk about someone, at least understand what their actual role is.

Reaction score

Letting go of Fujita

Sed Ellis
Ingram

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How do people STILL not understand that Mickey Loomis is strictly a cap guy? His job is to make the money work. Payton and co call the shots on draft pics/free agents. If you're going to talk about someone, at least understand what their actual role is.
No kidding.

What's great about this thread, though, is that at the moment, there's a thread right under this one listing all the contracts Loomis is restructuring to get cap space.

WhoDatElite

Veteran Starter
Reaction score

Letting go of Fujita

Sed Ellis
Ingram

[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. [/FONT]

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom