Loomis knows what he is doing. (1 Viewer)

every team in the nfl is playing last 5 spot roulette.

I am going to give Loomis and Payton the benefit of the doubt on Lutz and the switch in CB's for this week. If there is some kind of strategy to bring both of the guys back after week one then I'll go with it, although my personal view is that if that is the case they are being frugal for minimal dollars saved.

It is clear that Payton remains unhappy with the 53 players who made the cut, at least on the bottom end of the roster. I am not sure at this late date, absent a meaningful trade, that this team is just moving the deck chairs on the titanic with marginal players who have been cut by the teams they were with this summer. Come Sunday we will start to see what we have, both with our starters (where I am overall optimistic we have improved) and the reserves who most often become integral components of a team with the injuries that are sustained annually on NFL rosters. I just hope that the starters can keep us competitive early until the overall team gels!

we are constantly churning the bottom of the roster. we do it all year long every year. these guys don't even dress out. good grief.

the kicker thing is a little puzzling. there may be stuff we don't know on that. otherwise, we are not counting on the bottom guys to win this wweek

Everybody seems to be getting a little crazy about the cuts and signings today. I think that Loomis is just covering his bases on not really being sure Forbath and Finnergan are what we we need. Being vested veterans we would be on the hook for the whole years salary if they are on roster week one. Cut them now, bring them back after week 1 Essentially, the young kicker and guard are getting a 1 week tryout for the practice squad. Loomis is still the man.

No. No. No. Loomis don't know what he doin. He is the one who has us in this salary cap mess. If we were loaded with talent and having to manipulate the cap that would be different. We are suffering for talent because he has overpaid too many clowns. He is great, however, at kicking the can down the road.

Maybe the kicker deal is more to not have him on the roster the first week so they do not have to guarantee his salary for the year! They may bring him back after Sundays game.

It's just about keeping our players here, the movement makes it more difficult for teams to get some of the players on the bottom of our roster, and not guaranteeing vet salaries

LMAO at some of the posters here. Reality is what it is. You don't pull guards out of your butt or pass rushers for that matter. Just cause you need one does not mean that you are able to get one. Get a grip folks. Put the best 53 we can out there. Keep 9 on the field and who knows?

LMAO at some of the posters here. Reality is what it is. You don't pull guards out of your butt or pass rushers for that matter. Just cause you need one does not mean that you are able to get one. Get a grip folks. Put the best 53 we can out there. Keep 9 on the field and who knows?

Don't sweat it. Too many members here have hit meltdown mode before the season has even begun. I've never seen anything quite like it. It's a real bummer, frankly.

Sorry I have no faith in this front office. Bad contracts have us in the position we're in now. Someone needs to reel in the spending and rebuild the team thru the draft.

Sorry I have no faith in this front office. Bad contracts have us in the position we're in now. Someone needs to reel in the spending and rebuild the team thru the draft.
Remember when the gripe was we don't spend money on players. Now its we don't spend money the right way on players.
Except for the kicker, there is nothing to see here. This happens every year for tons of teams. Only difference is we don't watch the other teams roster changes like hawks. None of these changes are splashy enough to make ESPN or NFL headlines so you don't even know about it unless you are in the local market of the team.

Remember when the gripe was we don't spend money on players. Now its we don't spend money the right way on players.
Except for the kicker, there is nothing to see here. This happens every year for tons of teams. Only difference is we don't watch the other teams roster changes like hawks. None of these changes are splashy enough to make ESPN or NFL headlines so you don't even know about it unless you are in the local market of the team.

Well I don't really care about cutting the kicker. I do care about signing players with voidable years that will add to the dead money problems.

Everybody seems to be getting a little crazy about the cuts and signings today. I think that Loomis is just covering his bases on not really being sure Forbath and Finnergan are what we we need. Being vested veterans we would be on the hook for the whole years salary if they are on roster week one. Cut them now, bring them back after week 1 Essentially, the young kicker and guard are getting a 1 week tryout for the practice squad. Loomis is still the man.

Y'all have way to much confidence in Loomis with all the bad drafts and fa signings of late...

Don't sweat it. Too many members here have hit meltdown mode before the season has even begun. I've never seen anything quite like it. It's a real bummer, frankly.

It's sort of baffling how hard people have come down.

Only conclusion is the previous two straight 7-9 seasons. I lurked on the Cardinals subreddit and they're all gung ho even though their preseason wasn't much better than ours.

Mostly they're like "So glad it's preseason."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom