Loomis on NFL Radio (1 Viewer)

Snakehead

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
They just interviewed him. To summarize he was asked about Zach Thomas and he stated the Thomas passed our physical and that he hoped he would be a Saint. He also stressed that we needed pass rush to help out the DBs. He said Deuce was doing well and was actually doing better during this recovery than from the first ACL injury. He sounded like the rest of us on SR about the D needing upgrading and that we took a step back from 2006 to 2007.

good to hear...I just hope he not up to his old ways like when Haslett was hear, and trying to "trick or fool everyone".

Thanks. I love the "need a pass rush to help the DBs" comment. Apparently he was paying attention during this year's Superbowl. The Deuce comments sound like he's stll in the team's future plans. Glad to see they are serious about addressing the D......

I hope Deuce can restructure to keep him on the team at a reasonable price tied to his production. I hope Loomis doesn't think it's the D line's fault that Jason David sucks.

I hope Deuce can restructure to keep him on the team at a reasonable price tied to his production. I hope Loomis doesn't think it's the D line's fault that Jason David sucks.
it's the D line's fault for the way the D line played, and how they played affected how the back 7 played

His voice was different when discussing Zach Thomas. Likes the experience and leadership that ZT would bring to the team and considers him a coach on the field.

Yes, but I don't want Loomis overlooking the db's and standing pat. Admittedly, we do need pass rush to help the db's. However, we ALSO need a stud CB or two.

For days now you some of you bring up these STUD corners..... who are they in the draft? You better not be thinking of one with the 10th pick. This isn't really a good year for corners in the first round so why waste the pick.

Look for them to address the Dline and LB situation. Maybe a saftey if all else fails.

With our cap space I was hoping we would give both Dan Morgan and Zach Thomas tough physicals and offer whoever impressed the most.
It was obviously Thomas, and if Loomis is high on him, and he is high on us, he should be a Saint.

Nice to hear about the pass rush, I think we might take a DE in the first if we cannot get Ellis or Dorsey as we need improvement there.

Hopefully more info about Deuce comes out, we all want a great recovery to full health from him.

Yes, but I don't want Loomis overlooking the db's and standing pat. Admittedly, we do need pass rush to help the db's. However, we ALSO need a stud CB or two.

Loomis seems pretty sharp. I doubt he overlooks addressing the situation DB. With McKenzie out until possibly late next season and only other two CBs on the roster being Usama Young and Jason David they have to do something. But I agree with him.....better play by the DL would've resulted in better play by the entire Defense.

What makes you think he is gonna ignore the secondary? Because he didn't mention it in the interview? If you think the secondary is more important than the front 7 or dline, u don't have a clue about building a team, u can get away with "ok" corners if you have a strong front 7, then u go after upgrades at corner, u can't do it the other way around...well u can, but you'll look like the 07 Saints.

I hope that he means that we would take Vernon Golhston if he were to fall to the 8th pick or so........I would trade up to there if he were available and take a look at Darwin Walker when free agency begins next week.Or even a healthy Brian Young will make a big difference with our pass rush.

For days now you some of you bring up these STUD corners..... who are they in the draft? You better not be thinking of one with the 10th pick. This isn't really a good year for corners in the first round so why waste the pick.

Look for them to address the Dline and LB situation. Maybe a saftey if all else fails.

Not to call you out or anything, but many people respected around the league feel the smartest organization in the league will take a CB at 7. Do you think Pioli and the Pats would take a player at 7 that isn't rated that high?

As the days roll by Talib, Jenkins and Mckelvin are all on the rise.

Loomis is a trustworthy and nice guy. I am glad we have him on board but am jealous because he holds the best job in the world

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom