Loomis signed to a five-year extension too (1 Viewer)

zorro37

Cha-Champs
Reaction score
Finally, some good vibes about the New Orleans Saints.

The franchise is finally emerging from the shadow of the bounty scandal and, with the reinstatement of Sean Payton last week, has begun looking toward the 2013 season.

Plus, here's a bit of news that's slipped through the cracks: General Manager Mickey Loomis recently received a five-year contract extension to match the one signed by Payton, Saints vice chairman Rita Benson LeBlanc told USA TODAY Sports on Monday.

The Saints' power structure will remain intact, which is exactly what Payton was trying to accomplish by inserting a clause in his contract that gave him an escape route if Loomis was suspended or fired — a clause which the NFL didn't approve and resulted in that contract being voided.

Payton and Loomis are now under contract through the 2017 season.
Saints GM Mickey Loomis signed five-year extension

Didn't see this posted yet. I'm happy that Loom...I mean Benson-Leblanc made this happen. Loomis + Payton + Brees = a winning formula and as long as we keep that intact we are set.

loomis.jpg

It's like Congress giving its self a raise. lol. j.k. Obviously Benson did this one.

Maybe that's how they worked out Payton's Clause.

Good news. Keep the important pieces in the fold and keep them happy. We're looking at a five year window to stack some Lombardis.

Looks to me like that "I'm not Coaching Here Without Mickey Loomis" clause in Payton's contract just got exercised..

Goodell can eat it

the next 5 years will be awesome.
it may turn to depresson in 6 years if we don't have DB, SP or ML...

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using Tapatalk 2
Who Dat!

Looks to me like that "I'm not Coaching Here Without Mickey Loomis" clause in Payton's contract just got exercised..

Goodell can eat it

^^^This....Saints: We have submitted a contract to extend Coach Payton for your approval Mr. Commissioner. Commissioner: I'm sorry, the clause to vacate if Mickey Loomis leaves is unacceptable and therefore voids the contract. Saints: Really? Commissioner: Yes, we feel very strongly about this. Saints: Okay, here are two SEPARATE extensions for Sean and Mickey to run concurrently over five years. Commissioner: D*** it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom