Article Loomis "We'll wait on Brees" (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Could be just a PR move. Id imagine all sides have made thier decision and are just waiting for the Superbowl to conclude before announcement.

Last edited:
For those who have read his book or generally followed Drew Brees, they know that he is a spiritual person and felt led by divine intervention to come to New Orleans.

As such, I have no doubt that he is engaging in plenty of prayer and reflection to determine his playing future. If he receives revelation that it's time to hang it up and that his work is done, I'm sure he will. But if he is led to feel that there is still some more work left to do for him as a quarterback, then I doubt he will ignore that.

Just wondering though, why wait until after? Is there something that helps us cap wise if they wait? Rivers announced before the Super Bowl so was just wondering. He should announce on Super Bowl day to steal some of the spotlight

Could be just a PR move. Id imagine all dides have made thier decision and are just waiting for the Superbowl to conclude vefore announcement.

Nope. Loomis needs to do his job and get the process moving for our next franchise QB. And do it before some of the better options are gone. Brees is done...it’s obvious. And whose in charge here, a player or the GM? Time to move on!

For those who have read his book or generally followed Drew Brees, they know that he is a spiritual person and felt led by divine intervention to come to New Orleans.

As such, I have no doubt that he is engaging in plenty of prayer and reflection to determine his playing future. If he receives revelation that it's time to hang it up and that his work is done, I'm sure he will. But if he is led to feel that there is still some more work left to do for him as a quarterback, then I doubt he will ignore that.
I hope the Lord tells him to retire then.

Nope. Loomis needs to do his job and get the process moving for our next franchise QB. And do it before some of the better options are gone. Brees is done...it’s obvious. And whose in charge here, a player or the GM? Time to move on!

I have no doubt that the front office is working on plans for every possible scenario, including Brees surprisingly coming back. But I can't imagine he comes back. The last couple of years he could at least say that the ball just didn't bounce his teams way. This year he just wasn't good enough. I'm also sure his wife is insisting he call it quits after all of the injuries this year.

I think Loomis is just exercising PR now.

His answers are always vague. Front office more than likely know what Brees real intentions are and will do accordingly. Whatever plans or thinking will not be made public, especially in an interview. You think he is going to say what he is going to do. Most time, they don't know themselves. Pieces have to fall in place for anything to happen. There is still one more game to be played. Nothing is concrete. I have stop listening to any of his interview since 2016. His answers have always been general or secretive. And honestly, I totally respect that and prefer it. The media, other teams, and the general public don't need to know everything. Only thing we can do is to make threads here, speculate, play fantasy free agent and drafts picks.

Brees is probably just trying to keep the story focused on the two teams in the SB. Obviously I don’t know jack-squat, but I think his decision is already made and he’ll announce after the SB. That doesn’t mean that our front office is not already working on future moves, they always are. Succession planning never stops, unless you have a poorly run organization.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom