Article Loomis "We'll wait on Brees" (1 Viewer)

For those who have read his book or generally followed Drew Brees, they know that he is a spiritual person and felt led by divine intervention to come to New Orleans.

As such, I have no doubt that he is engaging in plenty of prayer and reflection to determine his playing future. If he receives revelation that it's time to hang it up and that his work is done, I'm sure he will. But if he is led to feel that there is still some more work left to do for him as a quarterback, then I doubt he will ignore that.

Yep, I felt the past 3-4 yrs that is what was driving him. Evander Holyfield had similar situation wanting to become 5 time champ due to spiritual direction

Somebody might need to go pull a Marty McFly and pay Drew a visit and tell him it's a wrap...because it is. It's time to pass that baton.

41b0527b6cc1b7a67a67000178a15217.jpg

Nothing to see here. This is just Loomis having the respect to let Brees announce his own retirement. If he made a statement that suggested Brees was retiring, that would be getting out in front of him, and why would he do that?

For those who have read his book or generally followed Drew Brees, they know that he is a spiritual person and felt led by divine intervention to come to New Orleans.

As such, I have no doubt that he is engaging in plenty of prayer and reflection to determine his playing future. If he receives revelation that it's time to hang it up and that his work is done, I'm sure he will. But if he is led to feel that there is still some more work left to do for him as a quarterback, then I doubt he will ignore that.
This may be true, but he ended up in Nola because the dolphins’ doctors didn’t clear him medically. He wanted to play for Saban in Miami.
Maybe God told the doctors not to clear him so he would end up in Nola as it was meant to be.

This may be true, but he ended up in Nola because the dolphins’ doctors didn’t clear him medically. He wanted to play for Saban in Miami.
Maybe God told the doctors not to clear him so he would end up in Nola as it was meant to be.

I'm well aware of the Nick Saban story, as it was also told in Drew's book.

I love Drew Brees, appreciate what he did for the Saints, but it’s time to move on. He’s hurt and played scared the whole time. Time to retire old man.

Ok I was hard on Drew at times. But saying he played scared is about the dumbest thing I’ve seen posted. Dude played with broken ribs and threw a td like that, then came back early, gutted it out, and ran multiple QB sneaks in his final game when still obviously injured.

He may be the toughest QB in the league

PR, that's all. The decision has been made, we can leave additional rationalizations out.

Loomis knows, he's just staying on code, its not for him to say when or if Brees is retiring that's on Brees to decide when to make the announcement and it will probably be when the season officially ends (after the super bowl).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom