Article Loomis "We'll wait on Brees" (1 Viewer)

I for one don't think Brees is done what I do think his body can't stay healthy for a whole season anymore. Father time is undefeated unless you're on something...:::looking at Brady:::

I for one don't think Brees is done what I do think his body can't stay healthy for a whole season anymore. Father time is undefeated unless you're on something...:::looking at Brady:::

I believe there are some that are lumping both 2019 and 2020 together as "proof" that his body can't take the grind anymore.

2020 could indicate that, but 2019 was a hand injury that just as easily could have occurred in 2009 as it did in 2019. By and large, we've been extremely fortunate with him, from an injury standpoint. For many years we didn't have the caliber of backups that we've had in the last few.

For those who have read his book or generally followed Drew Brees, they know that he is a spiritual person and felt led by divine intervention to come to New Orleans.

As such, I have no doubt that he is engaging in plenty of prayer and reflection to determine his playing future. If he receives revelation that it's time to hang it up and that his work is done, I'm sure he will. But if he is led to feel that there is still some more work left to do for him as a quarterback, then I doubt he will ignore that.

Children die of starvation and abuse. If there is a God he doesn’t care about Drew Brees’ football career. If he did he’d give him a stronger arm and better pass protecting guards.

Children die of starvation and abuse. If there is a God he doesn’t care about Drew Brees’ football career. If he did he’d give him a stronger arm and better pass protecting guards.
I believe in God and this still made me chuckle. The guard part. 😂

Just wondering though, why wait until after? Is there something that helps us cap wise if they wait? Rivers announced before the Super Bowl so was just wondering. He should announce on Super Bowl day to steal some of the spotlight
Rivers announced his because he wanted to specifically announce on the date of the feast of the patron saint of athletes (Sebastian) - Jan 20.

This is not new. I listen to Pat Kirwin on Sirius pretty much every day. Loomis is on their show each week and this has always been Loomis answer. Always.

Just wondering though, why wait until after? Is there something that helps us cap wise if they wait? Rivers announced before the Super Bowl so was just wondering. He should announce on Super Bowl day to steal some of the spotlight
It doesn't matter if he does it today or in early March. Doesn't affect the cap one bit until the new league year starts.

Drew is a man of his word. Just like last year. He took some time to figure out his future.

he may also need surgery, so there is a lot to figure out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom