Article Loomis "We'll wait on Brees" (1 Viewer)

For the first time I will unfortunately say that bringing back Drew will be a wildly unpopular move for this organization. He’s just not the same player. Why delay the transition at this point?. Even if it mean we only win 6 games this year.

Nothing to see here. This is just Loomis having the respect to let Brees announce his own retirement. If he made a statement that suggested Brees was retiring, that would be getting out in front of him, and why would he do that?
I hear you but if it means we lose out on free agents and sit with our hands tied then the fans have a right to be upset.

I wish we could ultimately bring Brees back as a offensive coach of some type under Payton. Those guys work so well together and know each other very well.

Children die of starvation and abuse. If there is a God he doesn’t care about Drew Brees’ football career. If he did he’d give him a stronger arm and better pass protecting guards.
God is all-powerful and all-knowing therefore is not limited by time and space. If I come over to your house to help you move I can’t also be at someone else’s house helping them move too. God cares about us all as individuals and can help us all at the same time. He can help my son decide where to go to college, can help Aaron Rodgers decide how best to use his resources to feed the homeless, and help Drew decide if he should retire, AND do it all at the same time.

I hear you but if it means we lose out on free agents and sit with our hands tied then the fans have a right to be upset.
Do you people really think that just because it is not announced publicly means that no one in the organization knows?

Just wondering though, why wait until after? Is there something that helps us cap wise if they wait? Rivers announced before the Super Bowl so was just wondering. He should announce on Super Bowl day to steal some of the spotlight
That spotlight will not be dimmed by a Drew Brees retirement, when MAHOMES and BRADY are palying! I don't know what the wait if for either, just another year of handicapping the team if he does!!!

I hope he gets healthy and stays. All I can think about are the 49ers game when he went out and the Broncos and eagles game this year. Winston couldn’t move the ball and taysom was horrible against teams with decent defenses.
So what did Drew look like when it mattered the most? Drew was scared to get hit, that's why a lot of those quick errant throws came out.

I say draft the best QB we possibly can. Run him through the mini camps, and see what Brees and Payton think of him. If he gets Brees' stamp of approval, he can retire. If he's not ready, then Drew should stay another year.
This is a joke, right?!

There’s absolutely no reason to wait on Brees to give the team his blessing and retire. They need to look out for the welfare of every single player not named drew Brees. The thought of even giving him an option to come back for some “fair well” tour is ludicrous. He’s 2seasons past needing to retire and will only hold the team back. Time to cut the cord and send him in the announcers booth.

and again, everything that I said above does not take away from the respect and appreciation I have for all he’s done for the team and city, but blindness loyalty is not a winning combination for an nfl team.

God is all-powerful and all-knowing therefore is not limited by time and space. If I come over to your house to help you move I can’t also be at someone else’s house helping them move too. God cares about us all as individuals and can help us all at the same time. He can help my son decide where to go to college, can help Aaron Rodgers decide how best to use his resources to feed the homeless, and help Drew decide if he should retire, AND do it all at the same time.

If he is all powerful and all knowing then he is not all loving. Child die of abuse and starvation. This is a fact. If he lets that happen but decides to help your son pick a college then he clearing is not very loving. If he has the power to stop child starvation and abuse but decides not too he is not all loving. If he does not have the power to then he is not all powerful. God if there is one, doesn’t care about football. He can not be all powerful and all loving

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom