Loomis will be prepared this time (1 Viewer)

After this season, the 2012 draft will be seen as a slam dunk when Hicks is tearing up O-lines in the playoffs.

Believe he brought him in as trade involving JT O'Sullivan and a second round pick in the beginning of October.

Maybe I used the wrong terms about the FA signings on D......but only Greer, and to some extent Lofton (although he has certain limitations) are adequate. The rest, did not really panned out so far......even though they were considered good players.

Sproles & Grubbs are on offense. I have said that there seems to be an unbalance between the performances of FAs on offense, compared to defense.

* Sharper
* Sproles
* David Thomas
* Kasay
* Fujita
* Heath Evans
* Bunkley
...and more.

Not that bad of a list, IMO.

:gosaints:

Last year the bounty punishments weren't even announced until well after free agency. The loss of SP and the 2nd round pick were kind of dumped on the team right before the draft and everybody had to adjust on the fly.

This year we lose our 2nd round pick again but this time Loomis will be prepared in advance with a much better strategy. He did pretty well last year in free agency despite the Drew Brees contract, and Colston, Nicks etc being free agents. He brought in a lot of good players we didn't expect, Grubbs, Lofton, Hawthorne, Chamberlain, Bunkley, everyone was excited about these guys.

We have cap issues this year but not nearly the problems of last year. I'm not expecting a truck load of big star free agents but I think he's going to make a lot of smart moves and bring in a few good players. I'm confident he'll be able to balance out the loss of the draft pick and fill a few holes.

:9:

even though the punishments weren't announced until after free agency, i'm fairly confident the saints knew that draft penalties would be part of the deal and were preparing accordingly.
Agreed. I think the addition of Lofton alone speaks to the Saints FO knowing that Vilma was going to be lost for a good part of the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom