Loomis's hardline holding firm (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
he's demonstrated time and again that he sets a hardline on how much he's willing to give up or pay for a player and he's not going to budge from that line - today's transactions probably show that he's sticking to his guns

i think it's a bitter pill to swallow when it's happening (or not happening), but it's probably best for the long term health of the team

so now, do we dance with who we came with or keep looking?

Yeah. I just hope we aren't pulling out our hair again this year. Literally the same issue 3 years now. Here's hoping that Brees and Cook jell quickly and that's just what we need to help out Thomas. He needs help out there.

Even with us pulling our hair out, if the refs make the correct call, we would have more than likely been in the SB. Would we have won it? I don't know. Maybe. But we have had enough the past 2 years to make it to the dance. Now maybe we would have made it twice and lost because of no significant threat at #2 WR but as far as being a SB contender, we ARE that. While I would LOVE to get a legit #2 threat, we can't have EVERYTHING and we have to play the hands we are dealt. I feel like we have both Jokers, the Ace, Queen, Jack and some small spades and Ace King off suit. We may have a couple of holes but we have a great hand.

And the question is are we looking for help on the defense, as crazy as that may sound.

I would not be surprised to see us pull the trigger on a quality CB vs a WR.

Defense still wins championships.

The Saints have shown they are willing to put their chips on the table but they are smart when doing so. I trust our FO.

We were willing to go all in on Patrick Peterson last season but Arizona said no. We settled for Eli and it's worked out very nice for us.

If we make a trade, it won't be just because NE and SF made one, it will be a calculated move that the FO believes helps us tremendously for this season. They have shown they are willing to gamble the future if they believe someone is out there who will help make a significant difference (history has shown we tend to prefer trading for players who have multiple years left on their deals), they are not going to give up too much of our future capital for short term rental unless they truly feel a player is out there who is the last factor in having us win the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
he's demonstrated time and again that he sets a hardline on how much he's willing to give up or pay for a player and he's not going to budge from that line - today's transactions probably show that he's sticking to his guns

i think it's a bitter pill to swallow when it's happening (or not happening), but it's probably best for the long term health of the team

so now, do we dance with who we came with or keep looking?

I think he understands that we just can't go giving up a bunch of picks going forward. We're not going to be able to keep all of our studs, as these guys start to come up for contracts. The only way we're going to keep Kamara, Lattimore, and whoever else they prioritize, is to fill roster spots with cheap contracts. And the only real effective way to get cheap contract guys is to find them in the draft.

When we've got 70% of our salary cap tied up in our QB, CGM, Ram, Lattimore, and Kamara, we're going to need our draft picks out of necessity just to fill the roster out. Even those mid round picks become guys like Jermon Bushrod or Alex Anzalone who provide solid depth across multiple positions for cheap.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Saints transitioning to a team that's trying to stockpile picks in the next couple of years, vs. our annual tradition of trading picks away.

That said, if we can get AJ Green for a 4th rounder or so, I think you have to.

The Saints have shown they are willing to put their chips on the table but they are smart when doing so. I trust our FO.

We were willing to go all in on Patrick Peterson last season but Arizona said no. We settled for Eli and it's worked out very nice for us.

If we make a trade, it won't be just because NE and SF made one, it will be a calculated move that the FO believes helps us tremendously for this season. They have shown they are willing to gamble the future if they believe someone is out there who will help make a significant difference (history has shown we tend to prefer trading for players who has multiple years left on their deals), they are not going to give up too much of our future capital for short term rental unless they truly feel a player is out there who is the last factor in having us win the Super Bowl.
This is the proper take I think
An ‘under the radar’ Eli Apple type trade is exactly what we need at WR
A #2 receiver will be somewhere between 4th to 6th option in the playbook
Right now Pats and 9ers are paying for 2nd option dudes
Give us the guy who’s a head scratcher for most of us

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom