Loomis's hardline holding firm (1 Viewer)

He's holding out for AJ Green who will have a miraculous Ramsey type recovery once hes traded
If A.J Green is healthy and Loomis gets him for a good deal im for it. A.J is a smart player and kept Andy Daulton afloat for all those years. If TQS ever gets healthy the W.R Corp of CGM T.G TQS and Green will be deadly

he's demonstrated time and again that he sets a hardline on how much he's willing to give up or pay for a player and he's not going to budge from that line - today's transactions probably show that he's sticking to his guns

i think it's a bitter pill to swallow when it's happening (or not happening), but it's probably best for the long term health of the team

so now, do we dance with who we came with or keep looking?
Absolutely!

With apologies to Tony Soprano, I remember working on a deal with an exhaustive amount of valuation work on the front end, everything set for the proffer, then the main guys get on the Gulfstream while we fly home commercial. By the time we land, the honchos have already sent an offer that's $80MM more than the team had identified and settled on. Of course, we lost our *** on that deal in the long run. Freaking drinks on the company jet. The 180 degree opposite of liquid courage.

That's why I LOVE Loomis and Payton. Calculated risks. CALCULATED. I'm going to enjoy watching the Rams implode without picks, and the Falcons without cap room.

TQS has been so frustrating. He starts to flash then either disappears or gets injured. Is he still nursing that ankle?
I hope he's not going the Kenny Stills or Willie Sneed route.

I'm thinking this. Saying he's still hurt just because he wants out.

Would Colston have done something like that? I see Green as the same type of guy. He's not a prima Donna WR. He's a good guy and a great WR. I just dont see him doing this tactic.

I wouldn't put it past the Bengals to be trying to drive the price up by saying they're not trading him. However, I sincerely doubt that Green would not play if he's not healthy. I also dont see reason for the Bengals to rush him back before he's 100%. They don't really gain anything this year because they're out of any contention and if they're truly keeping him, they need him healthy for next year. If they were/are planning to trade him (I'm doubting it by the minute), it makes zero sense to risk him reinjurying himself before the deadline. In which case, you dont clear him to play all the while trying to drive up the market price.

Yeah. I just hope we aren't pulling out our hair again this year. Literally the same issue 3 years now. Here's hoping that Brees and Cook jell quickly and that's just what we need to help out Thomas. He needs help out there.

I guess that's the sacrifice we've made, after neglecting the defense for so long. We have improved night and day on defense as our WR corps have gotten slightly less attention. Still have one of the best WR in the game there, but we could definitely use another set of hands. I think had TQ not been injured we would have been more than fine, and I'm sure that was their thinking all along. Hopefully he'll be back soon.

I dont expect a big splash. AJ Green if healthy would be great, but it isnt Loomis' style. It will be either a WR with talent stuck in a bad system, or a guy that is currently a #2 on a bad team. Brees can make an average receiver above average.

If a move is made I'm expecting it to be an 11th hour type deal.. right at or before the Deadline on Oct. 29.

The two biggest competitors for the saints made trades for positions of need... saints did not even though they need wide receiver help.
It maybe good for long term health but it has to be balanced by the urgency of Brees's remaining career. Stars have been aligned to field a contending team for the past 2 years plus this year. This is a rarity. I hope saints make a move to get some help unless they feel Ginn, Cook and TQS are enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom