Los Angeles Rams transcripts, 11/1: Sean McVay, Wade Phillips, & Todd Gurley (1 Viewer)

• Admin
Here’s what the Rams’ coaches and star running back had to say on Thursday

By Brandon Bate - Turf Show Times

Rams Head Coach Sean McVay

(On if WR Cooper Kupp is on track to play this weekend)

”He is, yeah. He was feeling good yesterday. Today will really be the big day just based on the way that we’re operating as far as practice goes. Our belief is that he’s going to be good to go. Hopefully, he’ll have a good practice today, I know he’s feeling good and confident and excited to be back out there.”

(On if there’s a difference when it’s WR Robert Woods, WR Brandin Cooks and Kupp in combination)

”I thought those guys have played really well together. It’s a great group of three, but I think what’s been great if you’re going to try to spin a positive on Cooper being out, is it’s given us a chance to see what we believed in (WR) Josh Reynolds and that he’s a starting caliber receiver, certainly isn’t too big for him. I think the more depth that you can have, the better. Josh is one of those guys that, he’s got great length – you can see. Did a great job on the third down, getting vertically, good ball security, splitting two and then he had two big touchdown catches that ended up being instrumental in the outcome. So, what it does is, you have so much confidence in those top three, but then we also have a lot of confidence in Josh, whether that be (at) Seattle (Seahawks) or whether that be this past week against the (Green Bay) Packers, he’s demonstrated that he’s deserving of being on the field and he’s going to be able to continue to play and be an important part of it. But, we’re certainly glad to get Cooper back. I think those three specifically, to go back to your original question, are very good receivers that can do everything. I think their skillsets complement each other really well.”

Full Story - Turf Show Times

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom