Losing Faith in SP (1 Viewer)

I know. Weeks 3 thru 8 he didn't stick to the run at all..:confused:
So your point is what he did when he didn't have Drew? My statement was that he abandons it and relies on Drew. You cant argue that. Look it up.

I still support Sean but if there's one thing that's starting to get annoying it's the constant, and sometimes unnecessary shuffling of personnel after every, single, play.

Murray busts off a nice 8 yard run? Okay go to the sidelines bring out a cold AK and run a toss, or screen that gets blown up and it's 3rd & 2.

Taysom busts a nice play, out you go.

Also if Jared Cook is in the game it's a pass, Josh Hill in the game run. 90ish% of the time pretty big tell.

How many timeouts have been burned because personnel gets shuffled in late, it also allows the Defense to rest, and re-group and make their personnel changes to match. It also doesn't allow Drew to run an up-tempo, get to the line paced no huddle to take advantage of mismatches... and not allow the Defense to substitute.
Exactly. I think things slowed down for the whole offense with Teddy. They weren't great, but very efficient.

The window to make a move was during his non-playoff years. You can't get rid of him now. The issues you mention always been there. The next test is post Brees.
Two seasons of 13-3 is hard to argue against. That is pretty amazing back to back seasons in today’s NFL. BUT.......the two postseasons have been nothing short of a disaster. Being bounced out by a bad call is one thing but one and done and looking like the team did (underprepared, unmotivated, and looking just plain annoyed at not getting a bye) is another.

Two things come to mind - Payton is distracted - the new GF and their marriage announcement have his mind and time elsewhere. We all know what happened after the bye week engagement announcement with the Falcons game. If they’d just won that game they would’ve been the number seed but instead got slaughtered. Hopefully he gets married and things settle down. Being an NFL Head Coach is a 24/7/365 job, not something you can occasionally mail in.

Two is a little more problematic - Payton’s (let‘s call it) “arrogance”. Look I like having a confident Head Coach with “swagger”. But Payton at times steps over the swagger line into arrogance territory. Payton tends to give up on run early in games and just has Brees slinging it. That with his play calling and Brees arm they can defeat Defenses dropping 8 guys in coverage (with ONE WR). That isn’t swagger, that’s arrogance. That his team can win being underprepared because Payton’s offensive genius will overcome a superior game plan. The Falcons and Vikings games show you that theory doesn’t work in the NFL. A stronger game plan and better preparation will beat the ”better” team 9 out of 10 times. I‘m hoping this off season Payton does a little self reflection and sees what he’s currently doing isn’t always working.

Payton calls a play, but just like Manning did his entire year, the field general has to check in and out of plays according to what the defense shows him. Most of the time Drew gets it right. . . give Zimmer and his well prepared team a little credit here.

Maybe the gripe should be aimed at a 13-3 team playing a WC game ? . . then you can keep Drew and CSP.

Oh my word...

any chance you lived through Ditka or Haslet? 13-3 does not lose my faith. I believe, yet if we don’t make it all the way I retain the pride in my team.

I am loosing faith in SR posters.
In this relationship we the fans need time to vent our frustrations in order to heal. Just stay out of the way until after the Super Bowl. Things will be back to normal once the combine get here. OK guys lets finish our therapy and VENT OUR FRUSTRATIONS. :frack:

Payton calls a play, but just like Manning did his entire year, the field general has to check in and out of plays according to what the defense shows him. Most of the time Drew gets it right. . . give Zimmer and his well prepared team a little credit here.

Maybe the gripe should be aimed at a 13-3 team playing a WC game ? . . then you can keep Drew and CSP.
There's some truth to this, "Live by the audible, die by the audible" In the Tennessee game Drew audibled into the 61 yard Jared Cook Touchdown, and also audibled into Kamara's 40 yard TD run, Yes he actually audibled into a run.. (or atleast changed the direction of the run)

I think Zimmer and the Vikes just need to get the majority of the credit for the Offense falling flat in this game.. Payton is only 1-3 against Zimmer's Vikings... and that one win took Cousins killing them with a terrible decision, and an uncharacteristic Thielen fumble in the Redzone. He fields one of the smartest, most experienced Defensive units, it's his staple... simply put just ran into a bad match-up. (I actually think we matched up significantly better against Green Bay, Seattle than the Vikings)

Last edited:

He can coach his teams to beat the New Orleans Saints in the Playoffs other than that he can never win another game when it counts. No he doesn't get credit.

So your point is what he did when he didn't have Drew? My statement was that he abandons it and relies on Drew. You cant argue that. Look it up.
Or like many have said maybe Drew checks out of the run plays. I'm sure Payton calls for them about the same. I think this is something we'll never know.

There's some truth to this, "Live by the audible, die by the audible" In the Tennessee game Drew audibled into the 61 yard Jared Cook Touchdown, and also audibled into Kamara's 40 yard TD run, Yes he actually audibled into a run.. (or atleast changed the direction of the run)

I think Zimmer and the Vikes just need to get the majority of the credit for the Offense falling flat in this game.. Payton is only 1-3 against Zimmer's Vikings... and that one win took Cousins killing them with a terrible decision, and an uncharacteristic Thielen fumble in the Redzone. He fields one of the smartest, most experienced Defensive units, it's his staple... simply put just ran into a bad match-up. (I actually think we matched up significantly better against Green Bay, Seattle than the Vikings)

2-3

Zimmer has been the Vikings Head Coach since 2014, and they lost to the Saints in New Orleans that season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom