Losman for back up? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I don't think he will start in the NFL any place again. He wants out of Buffalo so whould he be a better back up then what we have right now? I think he would be good for the Saints and he could use some good coaching from Drew and resurrect his career and go some place and start over in 2 years or more. Any thoughts?

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Bills quarterback J.P. Losman wants out of Buffalo, unhappy with how he lost his starting job to rookie Trent Edwards this past season. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3181919

He has a great arm but i don't know if he has the ability to grasp offenses. I like Losman and he is a hometown boy so could be a logical choice. I would just like to have someone other than Martin backing up Brees

I like him, but our offense needs a smart, accurate QB who can read defenses and select the right options.
Brees and Martin fit, JP Losman doesn't.

I actually like JP to start somewhere. He was 11th in the NFL in passer rating in his only full season. I think he still has some potential to be a solid quarterback if given the opportunity to start a full year somewhere.

I like Losman and he is a hometown boy so could be a logical choice.

i don't think losman is from louisiana.....playing for tulane does not make someone a hometown boy....and there is nothing logical about picking a player because they played college football in the same city as any NFL team

JP's a Cali kid. He's from Venice Ca. He could start in Miami, Baltimore, Atlanta. He's an athlete in the same mold as Jay Cutler. The only knock on JP is that he tries too hard to make a play. With the right QB coach, he'll be pretty good.

Losman was a reach when he was drafted but could definately start. I think Atlanta will move on him. They could get him in a trade, 3rd for Losman and a 5th.
JP is a good player, who wouldv'e been the Bills franchise quarterback for the next 3 or 4 years had Trent Edwards not fallen to a point where Buffalo couldn't afford to pass on him, and then Losman beat him out in training camp then got injured.
He would fit right in with the Falcons old offense but their new coach may think otherwise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom