Lost a lifelong WhoDat yesterday.... (1 Viewer)

I can't begin to know how you feel. My condolences and prayers for you and your family. I lost my Dad, he was my football buddy about 5 years ago. I still remember the good times we had watching the games together. He took me to my first Saints game at Tulane Stadium in 1972. It was the only live game he ever watched, but it was a memory I'll cherish forever. May God bless and comfort you and your family.

So sorry for your loss. It sounds like you and your dad were quite close while bonding as diehard fans. I see you are young, so make a lifetime of those great memories.

Every single game....

What alot of fan-related highs and lows you endured, simultaneously, with him..........albeit in an unfairly short amount of time.

Just know that it meant more than you actually know that you were there with him for all those games, particularly once adulthood hit and you had other responsibilities or even just other game-viewing options at your disposal. You being there with him all those times trumped any Christmas, Father's Day or birthday gift you ever got him.....even if you got him some really cool ones.

My dad was an avid saints fan from day one. He watched the very first game they played back in 1967 with his dad. We watched every single game together. I am the fan and the man I am today because of him. It’s just not gonna be the same anymore. Love you guys. Hug the people you care about. Life changes in an instant
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sit with the pain and sadness, call them what they are and then try to let go. Your father's Spirit will live on in you and your children, and you will feel his presence in your thoughts and actions. Peace and Blessings to you and your family. I lost my father in 1984 and not a day goes by that I don't think of him.

Whodat.

Loosing a Dad is so hard. Sorry you are going through this now. There are brighter days ahead, but it will take some time.

Your story hits close to home. For anyone who thinks it's just a game, they wouldn't understand what it means to lose your hero, or your little buddy that brings you together every Sunday. I pray that you find peace on Sundays.

My dad was an avid saints fan from day one. He watched the very first game they played back in 1967 with his dad. We watched every single game together. I am the fan and the man I am today because of him. It’s just not gonna be the same anymore. Love you guys. Hug the people you care about. Life changes in an instant

So sorry for your loss.

Very sorry my friend. 14 years later I still think of my father every day. We had a lot of good times talking Saints, growing up in hard times NOLA and Sunday afternoons under the overhang of the north end zone on Willow St.

They still are here within us. All the best to you and your family.

You’ve always been supportive of me and mine, so now the tables turn. Let me know if you need an ear my friend. Much love and one last who dat for your old man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom