Lost Another Saints Fan (1 Viewer)

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Back in the 90's I dated and lived with a girl for 3 or 4 years. Her mom was one of the sweetest people I have ever met and loved how into the Saints I was. She eventually started watching and following them just because of me. Even after her daughter and I broke up she would still text or call me from time to time when the Saints were on and would get so excited when they won. I remember she called me after they won the Superbowl and was so happy for me, the fans, and the city. She loved Drew and was always preaching about how good of a player and a person he was to anyone she would meet. Unfortunately a year ago her colon burst and she became very ill. I visited her this past year but she was in a coma at the time and I'm not sure if she even knew I was there. However her family said before she went into the coma she had watched the Saints defeat the Panthers in the playoffs. They said she had insisted that the nurses turn the game on for her lol. She was eventually released but never fully recovered. Of course I would still hear from her whenever the Saints won :) Sadly, a few months ago she was placed in Hospice and unfortunately passed away this past week (she did not get to see Drew break the record.) She will be missed by a lot of people and I know somewhere she is watching and still pulling for our boys.

So sorry Brother! She sounds like she will be missed by many! Tale care. Our prayers are with you! - Dan

Another case of Saints football bringing people together even in some of the most unlikely circumstances.
Sounds like a wonderful friend to have. Sorry for your loss.

Thank you for sharing about this wonderful woman. May you and her family be comforted in your time of grief. She sounds like someone special.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom