Lost in all the kicking nonsense (Morstead) (1 Viewer)

greg985

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone else see Morstead give literally everything he had to try and tackle Keuchley on the blocked kick return? He was fighting through the 3 or 4 defenders all the way to the goal line and never gave up on the play. Gotta give the guy credit, he never gives up on a play. Proud to have him wear the Black and Gold :worthy:

Morestead is my favorite Saint, dude gives 100 percent no matter what.

Used to be ranked Colston, Pierre, Morestead, Brees.

Yes, and they pushed him down in the back of the endzone from behind which I felt was kind of unnecessary. It was way after the play was over.

But can't we put one fast player on the kicking team that can run down the ball carrier? The opponent's whole team winds up downfield blocking our slow guys. What is the plan there? Oh yeah ... there is no plan.

Did anyone else see Morstead give literally everything he had to try and tackle Keuchley on the blocked kick return? He was fighting through the 3 or 4 defenders all the way to the goal line and never gave up on the play. Gotta give the guy credit, he never gives up on a play. Proud to have him wear the Black and Gold :worthy:

He did the same thing last week on the "Kick Two".

And I don't like it!

Just like Drew, Morstead is too valuable to be chasing down runners - both in the possibility of pulling a hamstring and being hit and injured. (Or some fool taking a cheap shot to take him out.)

But can't we put one fast player on the kicking team that can run down the ball carrier? The opponent's whole team winds up downfield blocking our slow guys. What is the plan there? Oh yeah ... there is no plan.

Our special teams unit can't block worth a **** as it is. Seems counterproductive to replace a big body with a smaller/fast guy, while sacrificing blocking ability even further, just for the chance to run down the returner.

:idunno:

He did the same thing last week on the "Kick Two".

And I don't like it!

Just like Drew, Morstead is too valuable to be chasing down runners - both in the possibility of pulling a hamstring and being hit and injured. (Or some fool taking a cheap shot to take him out.)

HELLO! You play to win the game!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom